International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcast RSS Feed Updating

Podcast RSS Feed Updating

Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to get your input and tips on updating Podcast RSS Feeds. I know Video is much easier than Audio, with services like Blip.TV that will automatically make an iTunes RSS Feed for video, but Audio seems to be trickier. I'm currently using a Mac app called Feeder to update the RSS feeds and get the Audio posted on my website. It works well enough, but I wanted to get input on how you all do it. There must be an easier way!

Thanks!

I update mine manually when the files are ready.

We have a custom written web app that manages a database of our shows and episdoes. From that we generate the RSS feeds which we then send through podtrac. We send everything to podtrac for tracking. We wrote our own management system because we have other feeds like to Roku, ipad, tivo that contains more information than is normally in an RSS feed.

Blip.tv has really clamped down on people signing up and using the service. They are looking for "web TV" rather then "Podcasts". We have been using them for 4 year and are grandfathered in

We have been looking for different solutions and still have to find something for video . Audio on the other hand is a little bit simpler. I would recommend hosting the audio on your own and use a service like Feedburner to send to Itunes.

I would like to know more about Feeder as well. I would like to start doing Podcasts (video) mostly, but I want to find a solution that I can do both with.

Someone recommended feeder but I don't know how to do the full process. I was using TrafficGeyser before that was managing the entire process. But I don't use it anymore. This means I have to learn once I have created the audio/video file how do I up load it to my podcast channel and what would you recommend to use?

Thank you

We recently started hosting all our videos on Archive.org. Its free and pretty fast compared to what we were getting with Blip.tv

Hi Andrew,

Aren't you concerned that archive.org would close down?

Do you use archive.org to upload, setup your channel, edit your channel, channel art, channel bio...etc

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonkrieger View Post

Aren't you concerned that archive.org would close
    Archive.org has been around for over 20 years. They aren't going anywhere.

Hi Jim and Andrew,

I have a situation with my old Podcast which I am trying to rectify. I use to use TrafficGeyser as my feeder to upload my podcasts which is a paid service. I no longer use it, which has been over 2 years ago. Now I want to get back doing podcasts but I don't know how to get access to it.

I am really new to podcasts and TrafficGeyser made it very simple. Now I need help getting access to that iTunes Podcast channel again.

I contacted iTunes and they were no help, they told me I had to do some code on the old system which I told them I don't have access to.

then they said they couldn't help me.

I was wondering if anyone here can help me resolve this.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you

the only thing that i can suggest is paying for one month of service to get all your feed information or starting over. How many subscribers did your podcast have? If not many it may just be worth starting over

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast