22 34.92%
  • Wirecast

39 61.90%
  • Other

2 3.17%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Vidblaster Vs Wirecast

Quote Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
    Probably one of the best features of Wirecast is its support.
    The Telestream Wirecast forum is very active (with yours truly of course). They also provide email support.
    There's also an 99$/year Premium support which expedites the email response, adds phone support and also includes remote login so one of the techs can look at your setup first hand..
    Support? Whats support? LOL........... Glad to hear that, but honestly at this point I have not even had a moment of possibly needing any due to the intuitive nature of the layering. I have tested some pretty complex scenes with in one shot. Overlays, chromakey, 4 layered video feeds including two virtual desktop captures and live text...........Amazing how simple the setup is and that you can save it for immediate recall! And I did all this without a single forum infraction point!

I now see that this whole thread was a mute point as THERE IS NO COMPARISON!

In the words of the infamous Mike V.
    [Topic Closed] You have Received (5) Infraction Points For Even Starting This Thread!
    Last edited by JDavidPugh; 03-12-2014 at 05:01 AM.

Well after a few days to really evaluate the full picture...........Every thing about Wirecast is superior to Vidblaster in every way.
    CPU usage with Wirecast streaming at Maximum settings about 50 percent of the usage of just the VB interface alone.
    My stream quality at 720p (with a ingress limit of 1000kbps) is far superior to that of VB.
    The addition of actively developed third party applications to control Wirecast (ShotKicker and MidiMate) is phenomenal!
    Users actively engaged and friendly on the support forum! SWEET!
    I really have to give many thumbs up to those guys over there but I only have 2!
    I have immediately licensed Pro and am not turning back unless I decide to buy a Tricaster! LOL

Well, the only reason I still use VB for switching, is 'the way' it handles capturing multiple screen regions. The minute WC makes it similar to VB, I'll go with WC all the way. Everything else you say about WC is true though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnon View Post
    Well, the only reason I still use VB for switching, is 'the way' it handles capturing multiple screen regions. The minute WC makes it similar to VB, I'll go with WC all the way. Everything else you say about WC is true though.
    Amnon, have you seen Wirecast 5 Local Desktop Presenter? You can now run multiple instances, each grabbing a different window for example.

I use version 5 (for streaming only right now), and from what I am told the 'local' DTP has to run in full screen. The problem is also that cropping the area you want on DTP takes time, while in VB you mark the top left and swipe to the lower right. With Skype group video (we use that for our show) as people drop and then maybe come back, the content of the modules (shots) changes because the screen changes, and you have to quickly recapture new shots. Fast with VB (less than 5 seconds each shot) vs WC (20 to 30 seconds if you are real good). We asked them to look into that :-)
    Now, if we were running multiple Skype machines (on per guest) then yes, it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnon View Post
    I use version 5 (for streaming only right now), and from what I am told the 'local' DTP has to run in full screen. .....
    Who told you that. Not true. Local can target a program window. Local DTP doesn't have Region Selections (yet) but it can select separate program windows. Group Skype would be one window though. I just want to clarify you can definitely capture separate program windows though.

@Cseeman . It actually wouldn't for for Amnon via Local Desktop Presenter. He is doing a group Skype call then individually selecting each person. On a side note I use Desktop Presenter on my Wirecast machine and capture the region. Never had had any issues

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    @Cseeman . It actually wouldn't for for Amnon via Local Desktop Presenter. He is doing a group Skype call then individually selecting each person. On a side note I use Desktop Presenter on my Wirecast machine and capture the region. Never had had any issues
    Remote Desktop Presenter does have region select but only one instance. Local Desktop Presenter doesn't have region select but does allow multiple instances.

I would like Local DTP to have region selections. I use Group Skype as well.

UPDATE!:

Sweet! My rave reviews of Wirecast qualified me for a free "upgrade" from VidBlaster!

ROFL
    Last edited by JDavidPugh; 03-18-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Multiple Captures

I use multiple shot instances of the presenter (local and remote) to capture a single window with different "crop" settings to capture different portions of a single window into unique shots.......

I am quite sure with a little creativity you could get the effect you want........

I think the key here is remembering the Master Layers as well..........as you can "build up" the shot similar to the way you have to use the PIP modules in Vidblaster currently to build the shot you are using now.....

Same effect......just different methodology........

I do agree however that click and drag cropping/resize cropping would be a nice feature to add to Wirecast!

But do not remove the sliders.......they are great for "exact" cropping to remove windows borders etc......from screen captures...

After reading this I wanted to clarify how I am doing this with remote.....

I capture the whole window in the remote..........Then I use different "shots" of the remote with different crop settings to part out the screen into the information I want at the time.

Another useless tip that I have come across is the use of the Nvidia NView Desktop manager....
    I have created several virtual desktops to keep the real estate on the main desktop clear when doing captures......
    Once I set up the capture for a screen I send it to a virtual desktop where it is free from items popping up over it.....

The trick here is that the capture has to be initiated on the Default desktop (The one where you are running Wirecast). If you do not do this Wirecast will not "see" the application so that you can start the capture with the presenter. Once you have started the window capture send it off to another desktop where it will continue capturing as normal leaving your main desktop free to do with as you wish without interrupting the capture screen.

The real beauty of this is the ability to freely resize the captured screen closer to the size of the actual broadcast area so that artifacts/aliasing are minimized due to rescaling for broadcast.
    Last edited by JDavidPugh; 03-18-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast