International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for suggestions on getting started with internet broadcasting

There's no timed trial with Wirecast. Fully functional with watermark.

BTW if you really like some features in one and the other, I've known people who use VidBlaster and/or XSplit with Wirecast for example. Wirecast can see the virtual camera out of both (and maybe the other way around?). The point is, while it will cost more, you may even be able to mix and match.

Thanks AndrewSeabrook. Just downloaded Xsplit and watched a few tutorials on YouTube. Really nice, simple and easy to use. Can't get it to stream on Google Hangout, but looking on their forum to see if there is a solution. If there is, xsplit might just do the trick for me

Rayhan

Thanks cseeman for the suggestions. I will download wirecast (as I don't have to worry about the time limit on trial and test it out). Interesting about using more than one software to get the best features from all. Wonder if that would be a major strain on the cpu, but an interesting idea. I will try that, first I have to get past the learning curve.

My initial impressions are:

- vidblaster. Looks interesting and powerful. From some of the tutorials, could work. I think there is a major learning curve. Was able to stream on hangout, which is a good start, although transitions between the intro video and the main video didn't work as well. I am sure, I am not doing something right. Will continue to learn the software

- xsplit. Been testing it for about an hour. So far, really like it. Simple to use. Haven't been able to stream it on hangout, which would make it unusable for me. Reading their forum posts to find a solution. If that works, this might be the solution for me, at least in the short term, as this may be a bit less powerful than vidblaster and wirecast.

- wirecast. on my list to download and try

- vmix. Downloaded and installed. They wanted my email address to activate the trial. Which was a bit of a turn off. Especially as I have seen several posts from them on various places, including youtube, where they go on others' posts (like vidblaster or wirecast youtube tutorial) and simply say 'try vmix'. I take that as spam and hesitant to give them my email, which they might spam. So I uninstalled them without trying

Thank you all for suggestions. I will post more as I do my trials. Please feel free to add any other recommendations. This is been really helpful.

Rayhan

IAIB Industry Provider
    Rayhan, I can assure you we have never posted on other forums, videos or web sites.

We have a very serious privacy policy and never send out emails without permission, in fact Australia (where we are) has one of the strictest anti-spam laws in the world.

Signing up with an email address is a requirement for most software including xsplit and wirecast. Submitting an email address prevents abuse of our trial system.

Regards,

Martin
    vMix

Hi AndrewSeabrook,

Just wanted to thank you for your suggestion in xsplit. I have been testing it for two days and blown away with how easy it is to use for a newbie like me. Even got it to work with chroma key with just a bed sheet (still waiting for me green screen). While, there are some issues, the chroma key works great and was able to broadcast it over google hangout. Just awesome.

I am sure its not as powerful as vidblaster or wirecast, but the ease of use for me was great. I may someday upgrade to vb or wc, but for now, xsplit does what I need.

Thanks again, you saved me a ton of time with the learning curve

Regards,

Rayhan

I've tried this website on a number of occasions called iBroadcast.TV (http://www.ibroadcast.tv) for some of my livestreaming, but due to my limited availability, I have been reduced to streaming show archives from my station's programming.

You can check out my station's iBroadcast.TV channel at http://ibroadcast.tv/watch/channel.aspx?id=1091 to get a general idea of how the site works.

(And before I get any more complaints via PM, I was just recommending iBroadcaster.TV as an option if a broadcaster doesn't think Vidblaster, Wirecaster or Wirecaster Adobe Visual Communicator was a good option.)
    Last edited by wwpmmedianet; 03-12-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: clarification of a RECOMMENDATION

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12