International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Taking callers on your Internet Broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by Richardpell View Post
    would it be possible for set up 3 different skype phone lines on one computer? I am trying to figure out a system that would work well and be inexpensive
    What for??? If you have one Skype incoming line, you can have multiple callers connect to it at the same time. We do it all the time.
    If you could run three instances of Skype on one machine, and have 3 different sound cards, and three channels on your mixer, you could use three different lines. Are you trying to impress people with three different numbers, or are you trying to get three callers to connect at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnon View Post
    What for??? If you have one Skype incoming line, you can have multiple callers connect to it at the same time. We do it all the time.
    If you could run three instances of Skype on one machine, and have 3 different sound cards, and three channels on your mixer, you could use three different lines. Are you trying to impress people with three different numbers, or are you trying to get three callers to connect at the same time?
    What I would like to do is have the ability to adjust each callers audio if need be. I would also like to be able to put callers on hold while on the line with another caller.

I am not trying to impress anyone with having multiple lines.

Then you need to have three sound cards on that machine, like a Delta 1010 or two additional USB sound cards. And I am not at all sure about running three instances of Skype. There is no 'Hold'. You could pot them down on the mixer though.
    Hope this helps Richard.

Thank you Amnon. I have heard Mike mention the Delta 1010 in the past on the forum. I will make another post in the appropriate sub forum

I use the Zoom.us webinar feature, which allows me to take callers using their chat panel or in a video format. For audio only, the caller just needs to turn off their camera.

If you want to take calls and dont mind spending a few dollars check out Blog Talk Radio. for 40 dollars you get to use their phone system and get your own phone number.

I use to work with Blogtalkradio but after a couple years of waiting for the the promised HDaudio, I gave up and made the switch to a video/audio format.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheiss View Post
    I use to work with Blogtalkradio but after a couple years of waiting for the the promised HDaudio, I gave up and made the switch to a video/audio format.
    I actually had a long phone call with them today. HD Audio seems to be coming really soon

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567