International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C910 vs C920 Whats the Difference?

C910 vs C920 Whats the Difference?

I was hoping someone could help me out with this issue. I am looking to start recording videos and I was wondering what the difference is between the C910 and the C920? Is there a difference or are they the same? Also have you noticed a quality difference.
    Last edited by andrewzarian; 03-28-2013 at 08:28 PM.

For some strange reason the quality on the Logitech c910 has gotten worse since using it. I have seen this happen to a few people actually. After a while the video will start to look grainy. The c920 so far has been perfect. I would also say that the picture quality is much sharper on the c920.

You might want to wait and see how the Logitech c930e does. Here is a link to the post we made earlier about it. http://www.ibroadcastnetwork.org/new...930e-is-coming

I have heard from people that its the same thing. this is the first time I am hearing about a "grainy" issue

I can only speak from personal experience.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    The C910 is very similar to the C910. Some argue that one is better than the other, but they look the same to me. In fact, I really can't tell the difference between my C910 and my C910.

Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Major differences between the C910 and the C920 web cameras:

C920 has built-in H.264 compression, thus releasing the burden of H.264 processing from your CPU. However, it seems that the compression can only be seen by the Logitech software and not by third party software. That's unfortunate, because that makes one of the best features of the camera useless.
    The C910 does not have H.264 compression built-in.

The C920 is 1080p.
    The C910 is 720p.

The C920 has a tripod mount.
    The C910 does not have a tripod mount.

The C920 has a 3 megapixel sensor.
    The C910 has a 5 megapixel sensor.

--I know, you would think that the C920 would have the higher megapixel sensor. But then again, it only takes 1.5 megapixel for 720p video.

I have the C920 along with two of the Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080p cameras, which to me, have a better quality picture than either the C910 or C920. The Microsoft software for their cameras is much better than Logitech's, IMHO.
    Donovan Adkisson
    Adkisson Digital
    http://www.adkissondigital.com
    http://about.me/gdadkisson | Twitter: @gdadkisson
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you read my books?
    Podcasting: Year One http://www.donovanadkisson.com/pyo
    Fifty and Furious http://www.donovanadkisson.com/fifty

Anyone here still use the c910. I have had 4 of them go bad over time. It seems like the picture quality gets fuzzy over time... Same with the c920.. Kinda loses focus

I can't say much for the C920 as I have a few new ones for the studio, but the Cinema Lifecam has definitely gone fuzzy and has lost its focus over time, even when I try to tweak them.

I think that's just part of using webcams over a good solid camera.

Interesting...not sure why the sensors would degrade over time. From a little research it appears that heat may have an impact on longevity, which is no surprise. A couple people cited individual pixels failing over time. However I couldn't find any conclusive reason or even significant anecdotal evidence of what you are seeing. I am interested since I have invested in 2 c920s. Although I will likely end up using the camcorders for most of the work I do...

I was going to ask the same question. I hear from many people that they like the picture quality better on the 910? Is this true?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast