International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do you Monetize Your Podcast?

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTakeRadio View Post
    Shit man you know how it is! People are quick to criticize your product but the minute you ask for help or a few bucks whether via clicking some ads or buying a shirt to help make things better then everyone gets quiet.
    Funny thing about business and life...Everyone wants a piece of the pie, but often times few are willing help bake it.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Kobren View Post
    Funny thing about business and life...Everyone wants a piece of the pie, but often times few are willing help bake it.
    Truest statement I've read today

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTakeRadio View Post
    Truest statement I've read today
    That's how I role.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Our broadcasts are mostly live at a bar, therefore we have a built in cashflow from the bars that pay us (in cash and bar tab). After that we believe in live reads to truly bring home the client.

Is that going to cut it for the future... most likely not, but it helped us get up and running...

I agree with Andrew whole-heartedly... Your content needs to be solid, you need to have a following, then worry about monetizing it. Had Google thought about profits early in the game, they wouldn't be worth nearly $200 billion. Get your product and following down, as you grow put together several monetization strategies (both traditional and non-traditional). Don't be afraid to experiment, find your niche. Look at your analytics, do some work to gain qualitative data as well as your traditional quantitative data. Then find the clients that fit you best. Like cable, you can narrow your audience much more than traditional broadcast media. You don't always have to have the biggest following. Sometimes having the right following will be your best bet.

For instance... you have a show about model trains. Boring to many, but exciting to a few. A model train company will want to push their products to your listeners because they are exactly who will buy their products, therefore you can get more of a premium from fewer listeners than someone who appeals to a wide audience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12