International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best HDMI capture card?

Hybrid View

Best HDMI capture card?

I have a Canon VIXIA HF21 that I have used in the past to record home videos and what not. Now that I am getting into internet broadcasting I was thinking I would use that instead of buying an HD webcam. Does anyone else use camcorder for there broadcast and what capture card are you using?

Hi Jake,

Thats an interesting question. I couldn't tell you which one is the "Best" HDMI Capture card but The one that GFQ has been using for a few years it the Black Magic Intensity Pro

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    I currently use the AVerMedia AVerTV HD DVR its a great $100 card and can us 2 inputs at the same time. Its a great card you should diffidently set check it out.
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

IAIB Broadcaster
    Thanks for the recommendation. I am in the market and I think I might just give this one a try.

Avermedia makes some great stuff. I have an Avermedia HDMI card sitting right next to me the issue that I had with it was that it made everything a little red.

Something else to consider is the Avermedia DarkCrystal HD Capture SDK Duo (C129).

Quote Originally Posted by RadarGaming View Post
    I currently use the AVerMedia AVerTV HD DVR its a great $100 card and can us 2 inputs at the same time. Its a great card you should diffidently set check it out.

So you can get 2 HDMI inputs on 1 card at the same time? Would there be an issue with Wirecast seeing both inputs ?

Chris from what I understand it is not two hdmi inputs. Its one HDMI and one Analog. I have heard some people say this works.. and other say it does not.

Thanks for the reply Tommy, I am starting a Shuttle streaming machine build and looking at my options.

The best HDMI capture card that I have found (as of today) is the Magewell XI200de-HDMI (http://www.magewell.com/hardware/hdm..._features.html) or the Magewell XI400de-HDMI (http://www.magewell.com/hardware/hdm..._features.html) both have inputs only and can take up to a 1080p60 signal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast