International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Editing

Editing

I am a pc guy and have tried to use several editing softwar and most are too confusing for me. I am above windows movie maker but way below Final cut...in my abilities to comprehend.

Can you give me suggestions on a editing system that is between the above two if you can. Maybe its just me and I wont be able to get it but I want to give it a good ole fashion last chance try.

So will it be Sony Vegas or something else....I guess other things to consider would be a good forum to go along with the editing software to help answer questions....

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

I'm a Premiere guy myself. I know a lot of people who like a site called Lynda.com for their video tutorials. They have a ton of training videos spanning nearly every program you can think of.

It's $25/month and well worth the price (full disclosure I get an account free for being an Adobe User Group Manager and I do not make any money from them for new signups).

I used them a long time ago to quickly get up to speed on InDesign when I was helping put a college textbook together for a client. I have used them more in the present to get a refresher over something I couldn't remember how to do.

Aside from that, just troll YouTube. They have a lot of training videos of varying qualities over all kinds of topics, including video editing.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Premiere Elements is probably your best bet. Couldn't recommend Vegas as it was never developed as a video editor. It's codebase is Sony Acid, which is an audio editor...

Vegas works great if all you need to do is load a video and make some cuts and trim, maybe add a couple titles here and there.
    Watch Tech News Weekly every Friday at 3pm EST on the GFQ Network.

IAIB Broadcaster
    I agree with Sunkast, Sony Vegas is pretty powerful once you get the hang out it. There are also several version for different budgets. I think it's the best video editing on the PC for the money. Of course Premiere is best but who wants to spend that much money.