International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Computers 2K Now

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar

Computers 2K Now

Computers 2K Now (which started as Computers 93) has been on the radio since 1993. In 2011, it became an Internet-only "radio" show with video. The show originates from Raleigh, North Carolina, on Sunday mornings at 9AM Eastern. It usually runs until 1PM, although it has ended at 3PM on one occasion.

The show was originally for users who need help with their computers, and those questions do take priority. However, the show now also addresses topics like cell phones, Windows/Mac/Linux, the Internet, hosting, webcasting/podcasting, microphones, mixers, ground loops, and sometimes politics. In fact, the format is much like a Google+ Hangout. Everyone is welcome (subject to available slots), and show hosts are invited to promote their webcasts or podcasts.

Callers participate by Skype (computers2know on Skype with video, computers2kvoice on Skype audio only, or on 919-518-9773 (telephone). Note that video callers have to be cleared in advance or invited during the show. Other callers are welcome at any time. The show is simulcast on TalkShoe and Paltalk. Users on those two services have open mics during the show and may participate, as well. Finally, the audio of the show is available on a low bandwidth, audio-only, iPhone-friendly stream at g12.com.

The show is a lot of fun. If you drop by, you might hear some familiar voices. There is a Facebook page (Computers2KNow) and a Twitter account (computers2know).

http://computers2know.com
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Awesome Mike ! Really enjoyed the show

IAIB Broadcaster
    I have stopped listening to Leo's Tech Guy Radio show and not only listening to Computers2KNow but I like to call in most weeks. Mike Spence and Amnon are great hosts.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphillips View Post
    Computers 2K Now (which started as Computers 93) has been on the radio since 1993. In 2011, it became an Internet-only "radio" show with video. The show originates from Raleigh, North Carolina, on Sunday mornings at 9AM Eastern. It usually runs until 1PM, although it has ended at 3PM on one occasion.

The show was originally for users who need help with their computers, and those questions do take priority. However, the show now also addresses topics like cell phones, Windows/Mac/Linux, the Internet, hosting, webcasting/podcasting, microphones, mixers, ground loops, and sometimes politics. In fact, the format is much like a Google+ Hangout. Everyone is welcome (subject to available slots), and show hosts are invited to promote their webcasts or podcasts.

Callers participate by Skype (computers2know on Skype with video, computers2kvoice on Skype audio only, or on 919-518-9773 (telephone). Note that video callers have to be cleared in advance or invited during the show. Other callers are welcome at any time. The show is simulcast on TalkShoe and Paltalk. Users on those two services have open mics during the show and may participate, as well. Finally, the audio of the show is available on a low bandwidth, audio-only, iPhone-friendly stream at g12.com.

The show is a lot of fun. If you drop by, you might hear some familiar voices. There is a Facebook page (Computers2KNow) and a Twitter account (computers2know).

http://computers2know.com
    Computers 2 Know is my favourite call in show.

Thanks, Jody Max!

Love the work Mike and crew do. Clean audio and informative discussions make for a great product
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

IAIB Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTakeRadio View Post
    Love the work Mike and crew do. Clean audio and informative discussions make for a great product
    Here Here totally agree

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated. The show is a lot of fun for us all.