International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vidblaster Streaming Issue

Vidblaster Streaming Issue

Just had a new issue that has popped up (and the upgrade to 2.27 didn't fix it). It appears that the stream module is starting then stopping after 2-20 seconds. Reboots, uninstall reinstall, nothing I have done seems to fix the issue.

I had it before, but determined it to be a problem of bandwidth. I knocked everything down to the lowest settings (320x180 and quality to 148 and it worked at that location).

I broadcast at quite a few locations that have very good to very iffy connections but now I am at a place with blazing fast internet and still having the problems no matter what settings I try.

Anyone run into this problem?

Also streaming to Ustream. Running a very fast Windows 7 machine.

Sure did Brad. I haven't used the VB streamer for some time now (over a year) because no one could tell me why it happens. Ask 10 people, get 10 different answers :-) I am using FMLE to do the streaming, and it is working much better on its own. Simple to set up too, call me if you need help. 919-852-2121

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Infraction!
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely call if I have any issues. It's a shame because the rest of VB works great, but I have had the issue in the past, thought I fixed it and now the old fix isn't working.

IAIB Broadcaster
    What are you streaming to? Sometimes CDNs change their settings. Has happened to me with Ustream and DaCast in the past.
    Last edited by TomSinclair; 01-02-2013 at 12:03 AM.

I am streaming to Ustream. I have used the settings provided with Vidblaster.

I have had that happen a few times in the past. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Vidblaster and Flash Media Encoder. Make sure FMLE is version 3.2 +

IAIB Broadcaster
    Ustream changed something in the last several weeks or so, not sure just what. It affects the ability to stream directly through the VidBlaster streamer. You can use the same Ustream codes and use FMLE separately as Amnon suggests. Frankly, I like have more control over FMLE settings, so I've not used the built-in Ustream streaming in VidBlaster in quite some time.

Using VidBlaster and then using FMLE to stream separately is covered in a tutorial I did a while back on Streaming to DaCast. Same principles, different codes.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSinclair View Post
    Ustream changed something in the last several weeks or so, not sure just what. It affects the ability to stream directly through the VidBlaster streamer. You can use the same Ustream codes and use FMLE separately as Amnon suggests. Frankly, I like have more control over FMLE settings, so I've not used the built-in Ustream streaming in VidBlaster in quite some time.

Using VidBlaster and then using FMLE to stream separately is covered in a tutorial I did a while back on Streaming to DaCast. Same principles, different codes.
    How is using FMLE on processor? I should be fine, but I didn't know whether or not it added more or less weight on the processor compared to the internal streaming from Vidblaster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast