International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vidblaster Streaming Issue

IAIB Broadcaster
    Did you consider to try Wirecast? I had those problems with Vidblaster and no problems with Wirecast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    Did you consider to try Wirecast? I had those problems with Vidblaster and no problems with Wirecast.
    I've considered everything, but when spending as much as I did for Vidblaster, not to mention it has always worked well for me in the past, I think I'll stay with VB provided that using FMLE continues to work.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by BradShoemaker View Post
    , I think I'll stay with VB provided that using FMLE continues to work.
    Yes but Vidblaster + Streamer module active to VVD (or Video out module) + FMLE need a lot of CPU resources ....anyway good luck.

IAIB Broadcaster
    @Brad - When you use VidBlaster's one-touch streaming to Ustream, you are actually using FMLE behind the scenes in its command line format. So CPU use is the same.

I tested VidBlaster to Ustream again tonight and it worked just fine. Not sure why I had a problem before. Suspect its something with Ustream. I've had problems streaming in the past when my Ustream Channel name had spaces in it. I think I had to replace the spaces with underscore characters.

Best news is that 2013 should be a stellar year for VidBlaster so far as improvements in CPU usage, HD streaming and recording. In a rare move, VidBlaster developer Mike Versteeg is working with a private beta group on optimizing for HD. First time I've seen a closed group working on the next beta. Intriguing stuff!

Yes but Vidblaster + Streamer module active to VVD (or Video out module) + FMLE need a lot of CPU resources ....anyway good luck.
    VERY negligible !!! One time out of three (when I tested it) it was actually using less resources. I don't think I will ever go back to the streaming module.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSinclair View Post
    First time I've seen a closed group working on the next beta. Intriguing stuff!
    I think it came after Wirecast Insiders.

I think it came after Wirecast Insiders.
    I always said that competition benefit the consumer, in this case, us! If WC is pushing VB to be better, we win. Then WC will have to update theirs, and again, we win. And so on and so on :-)

By the way, did some tests (the real test is coming up in a half hour) and it works quite well. I am surprised Mike V seems to think there is never anything wrong when clearly something is amiss since the FMLE is working separate from VB but VB's Streamer that, as he says, is exactly the same as FMLE is cutting off after a few seconds.

Thanks again Amnon and Tom, I will finally be back to live streaming again.

Quote Originally Posted by BradShoemaker View Post
    By the way, did some tests (the real test is coming up in a half hour) and it works quite well. I am surprised Mike V seems to think there is never anything wrong when clearly something is amiss since the FMLE is working separate from VB but VB's Streamer that, as he says, is exactly the same as FMLE is cutting off after a few seconds.

Thanks again Amnon and Tom, I will finally be back to live streaming again.
    So, if you are using FMLE as a stand alone, how do you control camera changes, PiP and other video effects?

IAIB Broadcaster
    I think Brad is referring to the practice of using FMLE separately but in partnership with VB. VB sends Video Out to VVD. FMLE receives Video from VVD. Give you much more control (through FMLE settings) than to use the "one-touch" streaming settings inside VB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast