News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What Mic do you use and why?

bigsix, here ya go!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_114401B.html

http://www.ocwhite.com/broadcast-arm...agnifiers.html

It's early and I'm a bit too lazy to take a close-up photo of my 'riser' but I'm actually using two small C-clamps to secure the thing' to my desk until I'm certain that's where I want it. Then I will do the most sacrilegious thing' a podcaster would ever consider. Yes you guessed it, I will actually drill holes!
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 12-24-2013 at 06:10 AM. Reason: ADDED/CORRECTED CONTENT

Superb! Thanks!!

I am a fan of the Heil PL2T. I also have the 12" riser for it but it comes with a clamp if you prefer not to drill. I like Heil aesthetically since the springs are hidden

Quote Originally Posted by AlBurr View Post
    I am a fan of the Heil PL2T. I also have the 12" riser for it but it comes with a clamp if you prefer not to drill. I like Heil aesthetically since the springs are hidden
    Okay fine, blame the guy in the rat suit for preferring the retro look of the original RCA Boom-Arm. Actually it's the extended reach that really comes in handy and the adjustability feature is just another added perk.

Sidebar: I just received the O.C. White Green-Light (magnifier) with its own boom-arm so now my studio is starting to look like a bunch of Cranes landed.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 12-24-2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: ADDED CONTENT

Actually looked at that OC arm I may have to get one given my desk configuration. It would make it much easier to swing over my desk monitors. I wonder if they have a wall mount?
    Last edited by AlBurr; 01-04-2014 at 01:14 PM.

They do have a wall mount but the surface has to be strong to handle the weight and the torsion. I’ll post some pics of my room so you may see the added riser.

I have mine c-clamped to the desk to make sure I like the placement before drilling those small little holes that everyone is afraid of. It's been held down that way for about two months so I guess it's good to go.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...all_Mount.html
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 01-04-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added content

Thanks for the link Dan... I also see they have a riser with a built-in XLR connection...very cool...

I did bite the bullet and drill holes in my desk. It's an old desk so no harm... I think could have chosen a better location but it works OK.

The one you saw was the 29-inch version which why I exchanged it for the 45-inch. The 45-inched' isn't sold as a bundle, or at least yet. I ended up buying the arm and 15-inch feed-through riser separately.

BTW, if you decide to use the XLR feed-through, you will have to add your own XLR connector.

@Mike Phillips. I just ordered my 4th ATR 2100. I 3 of them set up in my "studio" and the other one I use for Skype calls

Hello Tommy,
    Glad to see that someone dusted off this old thread as this is an area where many of us go crazy! Meaning, after a while it's just fun to try something new and the microphone lovefest is hard to avoid.

Earlier today I had my finger on the trigger for a new Sennheiser MKH 416 but my Sweetwater sales rep already left for the day. To date, I have tried at least a dozen mic's since I started this hobby but be only one I've kept is the Electro-Voice RE20. This microphone works very well with my voice and my microphone preamp. I suspect it would even sound better if I added a Fethead or Cloudlifter and I'm sure I'll end up with either one of those fairly soon.

The Sennheiser recommended by Mike is simply an alternative that I would like to try, so that too may find its way into my studio.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 06-28-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Adding content
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast