International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When do you pull the plug

Spencer do you feel like pulling the plug more now that your content is internet only?

Patience

We started as a live broadcast, where we were live, and had like as little at 2 users online, we had no website, only using ustream video archive.

we try hard to grow our Live viewers, but nothing we did made a difference, we then built a website and try harder, our live viewers still haven't increase, but we have like 100 - 200 viewers that watch our show in their own free time..

So you need to get to know your market, and try to adjust to them, right now we have agreed to cater to the On Demand viewers, and be happy with the 10 live viewers..

One of my fav podcast just stopped cause they were not making enough money.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Spencer do you feel like pulling the plug more now that your content is internet only?
    The response to TBT has been overwhelming these past couple of years since I left radio. I'm more inspired than ever to continue growing the show. Radio is dead and never coming back. We are on the cusp of a broadcasting revolution and I'm having more fun than ever!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

I run a small internet radio station [TLH monthly average is around 6k]... I by far do not have a large audience (it has been bigger at times then others) but I keep doing what I do because I enjoy it and I know that we're on the edge of the future of Broadcasting (be it internet radio, tv, pod casting).. I've been doing this in some form since 1999 (started with live365 back then and in 2005 switched to Loud city for licensing for my internet radio).

Just to revisit this topic again. At GFQ We start ever show as a beta. For about a month we test the show to see if its going to work. After the 4 weeks we put the show into a 6 month trial. Depending on how well it does with viewers we will either keep it dump it or start another show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12