International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Female Podcasters/Technologist

Threaded View

Female Podcasters/Technologist

Quote Originally Posted by Jadori View Post
    I am also open for guest appearances as well. I feel that there are not a lot of podcasters of color being recognized for what they are doing as well. Especially female podcasters.
    Depends on what demographic your talking about. Since I deal mostly with Tech, statistically most viewers are male. Most females are just not into technology (talking indepth, the science behind it ) They just want to use it and not necessarily what makes it work. I am a co-host on Techwebcast and also have a female co-host on weekly. She also has her own show as well as co-host on another show.

As far as shows featuring people of color. They do exist and are quite popular. On Youtube ( Although not technically a podcast except maybe youtube live ) Such as TechWilson one & Soldier Knows Best. In fact they have sponsors and at one time or another on revision 3 network.

Another thing you have to look at are statistics. Since African Americans comprise roughly 12 percent of the American population. Out of those how many podcast, out of those-how many are female. Each time the group gets smaller and smaller. It should not be why these groups are not being featured, but what can they do to get noticed. Statistically they are simply a much smaller group compared to the collected whole.

Subject matter or what your show is based on also has a big factor as well. Is the show, podcast or blog on a very niche subject?
    Last edited by Linuxcooldude; 11-24-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    <a href=http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude target=_blank>http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude</a>