International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Is your email address on your Website?

Exclamation Is your email address on your Website?

This morning I had a very interesting conversation with a major company that advertises on podcasts. They told me that they are surprised to see Podcasts/Internet Broadcasts do not post contact info on their sites. I actually went around looking at some Podcasts that I listen to and could not find an email address. This makes it very difficult for a listener or potential advertiser to contact you.

With that said Do you have your email address on your website. If you dont please explain why?

I have my email address and a contact telephone number in the "about" sections of the sites for each specific podcast as well as the show notes for each episode. It only makes sense to ensure that there are multiple ways for your audience AND potential advertisers to get in touch with you.
    Donovan Adkisson
    Adkisson Digital
    http://www.adkissondigital.com
    http://about.me/gdadkisson | Twitter: @gdadkisson
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you read my books?
    Podcasting: Year One http://www.donovanadkisson.com/pyo
    Fifty and Furious http://www.donovanadkisson.com/fifty

Wow i mean shouldn't it be common sense to post your contact info? Twitter and the facebook is not a great way for companies to contact you. I think for many people its all about the numbers. Its cool to show u have x amount of followers

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    This morning I had a very interesting conversation with a major company that advertises on podcasts. They told me that they are surprised to see Podcasts/Internet Broadcasts do not post contact info on their sites. I actually went around looking at some Podcasts that I listen to and could not find an email address. This makes it very difficult for a listener or potential advertiser to contact you.

With that said Do you have your email address on your website. If you dont please explain why?
    All my contact info is on the site and also in our on air sign off. Can't forget we have contact forms on the site as well.
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

I thought it was standard procedure to have a contact E-Mail on ANY site. We too have our contact info on the About Us page. Listed there are the individual E-Mail addresses for each host. We also have a contact form on its own page so our listeners can submit messages to be read on-air which we encourage them to do all the time.
    Chase Shumway
    ChaseShumway.com
    Circle Me On Google+ (while it still exists)

How do you think the IAIB found you It has been a nightmare to find contact info for most podcasters/internet broadcasters

What about spammers? Do you get a lot of spam ?

We have never had an issue with spammers