International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Dedicated Skype PC?

Dedicated Skype PC?

Hi Everyone,
    I currently do my show using one PC that does my Skype and soundboard effects for the live show. I record the audio to Zoom H2 and I was contemplating using a dedicated for Skype just to avoid the getting the occasional garbled audio from call in guests and callers. My only concern is having to add another monitor to my set up since I really don't have the space for it. I already run a dual monitor set up and times use my iPad as a third monitor. I figured my IAIB colleagues would be able to provide some guidance. FYI I am running a Quad Core setup with 16gigs of RAM on a FIOS connection. Here is my speed test

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MyTakeRadio; 11-02-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    If you have two or more sound cards in your computer, you should be able to use a single computer. For a desktop, I prefer the M-Audio Delta 1010LT multichannel sound cards. They're often available used on eBay for less than $100.

I prefer having a separate computer for Skype for convenience. Use a laptop. That will solve a lot of space problems.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

If you are only doing audio with skype you can go with a core 2 intel. Im sure there are a bunch of them going for nearly nothing