International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Reconsidering Podcast

Reconsidering Podcast

How many of you have doubted the ability to put up a worthy podcast that is not a copy of a million other podcasts. I want it to be fresh and new but I look around and there are thousands of podcasts on every topic possible.

I guess I am getting cold feet on whether i like to be behind the camera or in front or both.

anyone else feel this way.

I think to dig deeper into a topic then most might go. A lot of the stuff is redundant that other podcasts do, but I put my own spin on it. Some of the news stories I went much more in depth and dig up stuff some other podcasters may not know about. While I am basically a tech oriented podcast, I cover/film local events outside of what i normally do which also keeps it fresh.

When I do the live show I prefer to be in front of the camera. When filming local events I would rather do the camera work, leaving the mic to someone else. But I usually have to do all of it. Be nice to find someone locally to help me out.
    Last edited by Linuxcooldude; 10-19-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    <a href=http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude target=_blank>http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude</a>

Keep in mind many of the million podcasts that already exist quit podcasting before episode 7. Also, in some cases people will go deeper in to the Genre. There are a million Disney podcasts. I have helped two people launch podcasts in a "sub genre". One is about Disney for people with special needs children, and the other is about how to use technology to capture your Disney adventures. Nobody has your experience, or your insight. When you see all the titles in iTunes dig deeper and see when the last podcast was put out. I know two people who started podcasts about podcasting (my genre) and quit before they hit episode 4.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting