International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wirecast 4.2 released tonight (9/19/12)

IAIB Broadcaster

Wirecast 4.2 released tonight (9/19/12)

Wirecast 4.2 with the long-awaited Virtual Camera Output was released tonight. Download your copy here. Release notes here.

No, I have not gone over to the dark side, just trying to be fair.

Thanks.
    Added 1920x2080 to canvas size in addition to 1440x1080. That can help resolution when using a full 1920x1080 source.
    Custom Canvas Size good for games and other odd screen sized sources.

IAIB Broadcaster
    And now there aren't any software switchers that can compete. Bye bye Vidblaster (sorry Tom).

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    I spent a couple of hours last night trying to create a video setup that would allow me to create some YouTube tutorials. While I could always get the video to work (Vidblaster, XSplit, and Logitech Webcam), the audio seemed compressed. My next test was Wirecast on my Macbook Air. That didn't go well, either. It crashed with a spinning color wheel icon. After I forcefully shut down the app and restarted it. Wirecast said there was an update. After I updated it, things seemed to work well. Unfortunately it was late, so I didn't get much time to experiment.

So at this point I'm going to try to get these reviews done using the Mac, but I need to find out what's going on with the other applications in Windows 7. At one point I thought my sound card might be bad, but upon further testing, it seemed fine. Maybe I have something set wrong in the audio settings.

Video recording software is still magic to me. I may just go buy a video camera.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

What do you guys think of it? I have been using it for some time now and think there are some great features.

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    And now there aren't any software switchers that can compete. Bye bye Vidblaster
    Bye bye spino !!!

Spino I still think Vidbaster is a major competitor. Im a fan of the modular UI. But with that said there are a few things Vidblaster needs to fix ASAP.

HD Optimization, Dropped Framerate, Tearing video....

IAIB Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Spino I still think Vidbaster is a major competitor. Im a fan of the modular UI. But with that said there are a few things Vidblaster needs to fix ASAP.

HD Optimization, Dropped Framerate, Tearing video....
    As I wrote in another post, I think that at a first look, the Vidblaster interface can be attractive because it is more close to what happens in a real TV control room, the switcher module is similar at a (very small) portion of a professional switcher like Grass Valley. That said I think that Wirecast has a different approach to the production but with many more capabilities (I already describe this in another post). My opinion is that we must forget the traditional way used to produce TV shows because a software switcher, even if well written, can't replay all the functions a professional switcher has (you need an hardware switcher for that) but we must think at our live production with a different approach and I think that, at the moment, Wirecast, for what it can do, hasn't any rival. This is just my opinion of course.

My opinion is that we must forget the traditional way used to produce TV shows
    I was never involved with producing a TV show, so I don't have any idea what I am suppose to forget :-) All I know is that VB allows me to do what I want, how I want it, and with little to no effort. I am the owner of WC too, and from time to time I try it, but I still can't figure out how to do a show with it. All the extra features and approaches that WC has, cannot compare (IMHO) to the ease of VB use. Sure, I had a fax machine that had 100 buttons on the front and did many things, but when it came down to it, all I needed was to send a fax, and receive one, and those buttons and features stayed unused. Get my point ???
    Do I like Mike's attitude? No! Would I want to see other options added to VB? You bet! And it will happen, slowly but surely. When there are two main competitors, the users are the winners.

IAIB Broadcaster
    And now there aren't any software switchers that can compete. Bye bye Vidblaster (sorry Tom).
    Shall I rise to the bait??? Don't think so. Sorry Spino.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast