International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MDX4600 Compressor

Mhamad.
    any fan in the room will produce noise. You can lower speeds, turn them off when you broadcast, or replace the ones in a desktop with quite ones (may be a challenge in Egypt, you may need a quick trip to Israel to find some :-)))).
    hanging blankets, or like you said, anything, on the walls will reduce most of the noises and echos. covering the ceiling with same will help further. Like Mike said, it is real difficult to filter noise. A gate is a must.
    Good luck Habibi.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnon View Post
    Mhamad.
    any fan in the room will produce noise. You can lower speeds, turn them off when you broadcast, or replace the ones in a desktop with quite ones (may be a challenge in Egypt, you may need a quick trip to Israel to find some :-)))).
    hanging blankets, or like you said, anything, on the walls will reduce most of the noises and echos. covering the ceiling with same will help further. Like Mike said, it is real difficult to filter noise. A gate is a must.
    Good luck Habibi.
    Thanks a lot for your fast reply.
    I've got a power supply for my desktop that has a low noise some how but it is not silent
    Does using a digital recorder may solve the noise problem from computer? I mean like using the mixer and microphone with DBX 286s and digital recorder will solve this problem?
    Actually Mike Phillips is a legend and he recommended me some hardware to buy and I did bought it but the noise is a real pain to solve it so I was wondering if not using a computer software during recording and use a digital recorder instead will do any help.
    Concerning blankets ... I am sorry for saying the word "anything" and I edit my previous post, and I would like to know if there is any blankets you know about it here in Egypt or I can search for that may help me to have a good recording environment ?
    Thanks
    Mohamed GadAllah
    EGYPT-Cairo

Any type of blankets, carpets, rags, whatever, on the walls will help with noise. Bookcases, furniture around the room etc. will help too. You were talking about a 'sound booth' in another post. that is much easier I think, and you can leave the equipment outside the booth for much less noise to begin with. You don't need any special foam or blankets to cover the booth with. if you can cover yourself in bed with them, you can use them for sound elimination :-)
    You are invited to watch our live show every Sunday morning 9-12 in the morning Eastern time, where the legendary Mike is one of the hosts. computers2know.com :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Amnon View Post
    Any type of blankets, carpets, rags, whatever, on the walls will help with noise. Bookcases, furniture around the room etc. will help too. You were talking about a 'sound booth' in another post. that is much easier I think, and you can leave the equipment outside the booth for much less noise to begin with. You don't need any special foam or blankets to cover the booth with. if you can cover yourself in bed with them, you can use them for sound elimination :-)
    You are invited to watch our live show every Sunday morning 9-12 in the morning Eastern time, where the legendary Mike is one of the hosts. computers2know.com :-)
    Yes I was and still considering making a booth in my bed room where I am going to record my podcast and audiobook.
    So you mean I can use only normal blankets around a PVC frame and cover the top and bottom of the booth as well and this will help a lot to eliminate the noise? and good idea to place the equipment outside the booth.
    Mohamed GadAllah
    EGYPT-Cairo

Yep, that is it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12