International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you Planning to buy a Tricaster 40?

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphillips View Post
    How well would it work with four Skypezillas?
    TriCaster 40 has 4 component video inputs, and also 2 network inputs. If you didn't have any cameras to use, you could plug in your 4 Skype's right into the front of the TriCaster using the video inputs. TriCaster 40 also has 2 external network inputs which can be used for iVGA, which is used to grab computers via the LAN. This could be used to bring in 2 more Skype sources.

I agree with Joedemax. It's not only a revolution for Internet Broadcasters, but also for churches, schools, and non profits. I would love to use a Tricaster 40 for our live morning broadcasts at my High School. Those virtual sets look amazing! I'm interested to see if Newtek is following our discussion. My High School would be a great test candidate, we would love to try it!

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by robistech View Post
    I agree with Joedemax. It's not only a revolution for Internet Broadcasters, but also for churches, schools, and non profits. I would love to use a Tricaster 40 for our live morning broadcasts at my High School. Those virtual sets look amazing! I'm interested to see if Newtek is following our discussion. My High School would be a great test candidate, we would love to try it!
    You've got the right idea. This is a video appliance - and as such is not comparable to rolling your on solution without whatever software switcher you choose. This isn't going to be immune to tearing, dropped frames, lost video inputs ect. It's an appliance, not a computer.

Each skype line would have to go in via component or a converter.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Each skype line would have to go in via component or a converter.
    Or - as previously mentioned, iVGA could work.

IAIB Broadcaster
    I think that Tricaster 40 is a great opportunity for broadcasters but I'm curious to have feedback by the users about the behaviour under strong stress in term of resources. In other words I'm curious to know the behaviour with, for example, a session 1920x1080 with, at the same time, four HD cameras, two ivga, three virtualset with a video running on the background, streaming at 720p and recording full HD: no drop frames? what about the latency?, etc... My opininon is that Tricaster 40 has an architecture based on a Windows PC with a great software to manage all the resources and I'd like to know wich CPU is used and how much Ram is employed to manage everything without any problem.
    Last edited by Spino; 09-09-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Thats a great Question Spino. I think most of the work is done Via the special Hardware they have in the tc40. Im Sure Joedemax can answer your question.

Not planing on buying.
    I like Newtek's software but I don't like analog inputs. Of course many people may not see the difference.

It's relatively inexpensive to have four HD-SDI inputs with a Blackmagic Quad. I know some people experimenting with a Quad into a Sonnet Echo Express PCIe to Thunderbolt chassis into a higher end MacBookPro with Wirecast for example. Of course this is assuming you also have the budget for HD-SDI equipped cameras.

The question might be a bit trickier with HDMI cameras. HDMI isn't good for long cable runs without some additional expense. Analog doesn't have that issue.
    Last edited by cseeman; 09-11-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Do you think that we will see a lower cost one in the future? maybe around 2 grand

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdelfresco View Post
    Do you think that we will see a lower cost one in the future? maybe around 2 grand
    Future is a long time. I doubt it would be possible within the next year or longer. They've already cut a lot by making it analog only. There's not much more they can cut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12