International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Best Audio Mixer under 400 Dollars

Best Audio Mixer under 400 Dollars

What do you guys think is the best Audio mixer (for Podcasting / Internet Broadcasting) that's under 400 dollars. My pick is the Mackie 1402-vlz3. The quality of Mackie really goes a long way. I would love to hear what you guys use and why

This is a great question Andrew. I believe it depends on where you are at with podcasting. Are you a novice or hobbiest or pro. You can get a lot of mixer for $400. I currently use a Behringer Xenyx X1622USB which has been doing the job. I would like to upgrade to a Mackie Onyx i series next. But I digress there are some great mixers on the market like the:Alesis MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 8-channel Stereo Mixer or Soundcraft EFX8 Audio Mixer with 8 Microphone Preamps - 2 Stereo Channels and many more

Richard Cleveland
    Producer/Host
    Naked Ape Productions
    http://nakedapeprod.com

I have the Alesis Multimix 8 that Richard talks about. In my opinion the best way to buy a mixer to to talk with everyone and decide what you will be doing with the mixer and how many inputs and outputs you need as well as how many mix-minus connections you will need and then mulitply by 1.5 for mistakes and future needs and then decide which mixer you need. Its better than saying how much for a mixer under 400. Just my humble opinion. Of course money is at the top but you also want to buy what you need as well.

Good luck,

Bill

We use the Behringer Xenyx X2442USB http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X2442USB.aspx. Can be bought for under $300 on eBay, anytime, brand new with warranty.

I use a Peavey PV10 Non-USB Mixer for my Home Studio, on the road, i use a Behringer 802
    River Region Radio
    Central Alabama's Source for Hits!

Audio production/Web Design by River Region Media

We use a Behringer Xenyx 1622USB mixer for mics, computers and SFX This is daisy chained to a Mackie Series1402 VLZ for Skype and mix-minus feeds to remotes.

Do you guys think I should go with a Mackie? Its a little pricey compared to Behringer but I have head great things about it

Im looking for a new mixer and need something also. Anything new get released since the start of this post?