International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paying for your CDN - Is it worth it to pay to stream live

@NASNTrevor - How much does it cost per month. Or did you guys do some sort of sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    @NASNTrevor - How much does it cost per month. Or did you guys do some sort of sponsorship
    No cost, was able to convince them to enter into a rev share situation. We control ad placement during the broadcast, which makes them significantly more effective and don't have to pay any monthly rates.

Interesting approach. Also, I had never heard of Veetle.com until now. Looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by BradShoemaker View Post
    Interesting approach. Also, I had never heard of Veetle.com until now. Looking into it.
    It's great on the consumer side, reliable, high quality streams. Not the best platform for a lot of content, but as I'm sports focused, it's a destination for many sports fans already.

I gived www.dacast.co a try, for 20.00 and 100gb data per month, with roll over, it's GOOD

I only did the 20.00 option to give it a try, however they want a commit for 3 months,
    we do daily shows, but i'll prefer the 200.00 PRE-PAID option, as it will give me a more long run time.

I use to use www.streamingprovider.co.uk, very nice CDN also with PPV, and lots of goodies, but there are minimim i think 50.00 per month.

Dacast, got just what the average broadcaster needs, and there is a built in template in wirecast.

give it a try..

Support is also great.

can you do HD with Dacast?

I would believe so, since i can't broadcast in HD, (ISP don't allow so much upload) i never took note.

I am looking for a Paid Live streaming service that wont break the bank. Can anyone suggest a few. I saw that this thread is pretty old now. any updates to servies ?

It depends on how large your bank is and what the specifics are for your streams.
    In some cases, frequent streamers with large audiences need a price range which is a bargain for them but cost prohibitive for someone with occasional streams and small audiences. Sometimes a very low price can be very expensive with overages. You have to buy "the right size" but without info, it's hard to make suggestions.

Livestream, Ustream, DaCast, TikiLive, Make.TV, Bambuser are just a few of many. The better you explain your specifics the better someone can find the right fit.

Has anyone taken a look at Scale Engine? Looks like their live streaming rates are fairly reasonable, considering my needs.
    Richard Wildman
    Executive Producer / Host
    Music Scene Investigation
    http://musicsceneinvestigation.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast