International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio only podcast. Can it survive?

Audio only podcast. Can it survive?

During the IAIB Hangout we had an interesting discussion on the future of Audio only podcasts. With more and more people going over to video and live broadcasting is there a future for Audio only?

What do you guys think?

As an audio broadcaster I feel that the future of audio mediums are secure. With people traveling and driving audio still has a home. You can't watch video while driving and even at most offices. Audio is safe for the time being. While the need to move to video is essential we can't lose sight of audio only audience.
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

I totally agree that there will always be a place for Audio only. With more and more cars being equipped with internet radio it will eventually take over as the source for entertainment in the car. With that said Do you feel that adding Video to your internet broadcast gives you an advantage over someone who does not?
    Last edited by andrewzarian; 08-19-2012 at 04:17 PM.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Video content that translates well into audio only formats is the way to go.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I totally agree that there will always be a place for Audio only. With more and more cards being equipped with internet radio it will eventually take over as the source for entertainment in the car. With that said Do you feel that adding Video to your internet broadcast gives you an advantage over someone who does not?
    That depends on the type of video being added. If it is a video version of the show you have the opportunity to post it in places that are video friendly like Vimeo, Blip, Twitch and Justin TV which allows your brand to reach new audiences. You can just as easily do a channel affiliated with your brand and add different things. I post our shows in video form on YouTube and will be streaming gameplay soon as well. While it's not the same as the shows it will show a new side of our brand and what we offer.
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

When I spoke with Rob Walch from Wizzard (libsyn) Media, he pointed out that of the top 60 podcasts, 58 were audio. I think it will be fine.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

Quote Originally Posted by podcastcoach View Post
    When I spoke with Rob Walch from Wizzard (libsyn) Media, he pointed out that of the top 60 podcasts, 58 were audio. I think it will be fine.
    Yeah, until we're all riding in Google cars where we can do whatever we want and watch whatever we want, audio is still the best solution to keep us entertained without crashing our rides!
    Donovan Adkisson
    Adkisson Digital
    http://www.adkissondigital.com
    http://about.me/gdadkisson | Twitter: @gdadkisson
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you read my books?
    Podcasting: Year One http://www.donovanadkisson.com/pyo
    Fifty and Furious http://www.donovanadkisson.com/fifty

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    I do think audio podcast still have a future because I listen to most of my podcast while cutting the lawn or doing other activities where I cant watch video. So audio is still going strong.
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

What about live broadcasts? Do you think it is necessary for us to provide a video stream for our live podcast?

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdelfresco View Post
    What about live broadcasts? Do you think it is necessary for us to provide a video stream for our live podcast?
    Oh, I agree 100% during the live broadcast I just had the camera on me but that will be changing soon when I get my new computer and I will be doing full 720p video and putting out audio and video after the fact. But I think even if you only release a audio podcast that during the live broadcast you NEED to have some kind of video. Even if its just you and webpages.
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast