International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lavalier microphone for your Podcast

IAIB Broadcaster
    Add to the fact that wireless lavs can add some unwanted noise. Some days it seems any movement on my part causes a "radio" hum in addition to the background noise of the multiple fans in my broadcast PC.

If you're in a room with good acoustics, then lav mics can be great. I use them for my hosts and guests on my video/audio podcasts since I want my hosts/guests to focus more on the content then trying to talk into a studio mic properly, or worst, grabbing and playing with a mic on a stand and dealing with the handling noise. If you EQ the lav's, they can sound pretty good. Granted, sometimes the lav mics get whacked by people's hands while they're talking but it beats having handheld mics that inevitably get noisy from the handling noise from the cords, or having to invest in shockmounts for every mic in the studio.

Andrew, if I was in your situation and doing a remote show in a nightclub, I would give the hosts/guests wireless hand-held mics. Just seems like the path of least resistance, and I imagine the handling noise wouldn't be too bad since there aren't any cords getting in the way.

7 Great Techniques for Hiding Lav Microphones

I was on a google group and someone was using a Lav mic thats mounted on a stand. Has anyone here ever done that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12