International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powerpress + libsyn + existing iTunes feed= Am I doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by erictimmer View Post
    You really don't need Wordpress or PowerPress at all, though it makes it easier. Feedburner will pick up any media file from the page. I use the HTML5 audio tag with a download link under the player and Feedburner gladly parses it for iTunes. The negative side of Feedburner is that if Google ever shuts it down.....we will have to scramble to figure out a solution to replace it, or just manage your own feeds.

You are correct it's not that difficult. With a plugin or without, it's pretty straight forward.
    Not a programmer i"ll check out HTML5 audio tag

Respectfully to others, I say stay the heck away from freedburner. It was a great solution NINE YEARS AGO, but it is dead on the vine. PowerPress+Wordpress is the best solution.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

Quote Originally Posted by podcastcoach View Post
    Respectfully to others, I say stay the heck away from freedburner. It was a great solution NINE YEARS AGO, but it is dead on the vine. PowerPress+Wordpress is the best solution.
    There are scenarios where Feedburner makes a lot of sense. For example let's say somebody uses a service to host their videos and the service also provides an iTunes compatible RSS feed. If the service doesn't give you a direct link to the video you cannot create your own RSS feed. And if you should ever need to change details of the feed or the location, you're usually SOL since the service more than likely doesn't have a way to tell iTunes the new location.
    Watch Tech News Weekly every Friday at 3pm EST on the GFQ Network.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12