International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about starting show

Question Thinking about starting show

I’ve been thinking about starting a live show for a while now. My main motivation has been watching The Free For All, The Bald Truth, and The Tim Diilan Show, and some shows on Twit. I have the concept, but I’m not sure how it get started.

Should I just get a Ustream.tv account and get started or do I need to first put up my website or blog? And how would I take calls? I guess I can do it through skype right?

I would suggest you start slow. Get a Ustream account and start broadcasting to get the hang of it. It takes time and a lot of work to develop a good show, and to grow your audience. Twitter and Facebook are a must when it comes to promoting.

Also being a member of the IAIB doesn't hurt either

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I would suggest you start slow. Get a Ustream account and start broadcasting to get the hang of it. It takes time and a lot of work to develop a good show, and to grow your audience. Twitter and Facebook are a must when it comes to promoting.

Also being a member of the IAIB doesn't hurt either
    Agreed. Justin.tv is also a good place to start out imo. When I was broadcasting on multiple sites, I would always get the most viewers from Justin.
    Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
    - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Jake Kettle
    Executive Producer
    Truth Transmission
    Ewing, New Jersey
    www.truthtransmission.com

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeKettle View Post
    Agreed. Justin.tv is also a good place to start out imo. When I was broadcasting on multiple sites, I would always get the most viewers from Justin.
    Yeah I can agree with Jake. Justin.tv has the most drive by viewers. If you have the bandwidth, I would suggest going to more than one site like Justin.tv and Ustream.tv. I hope the best to you doing live shows is something very fun to do.
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

For some strange Reason JTV stopped displaying us in the directory of broadcasters. No idea why

Follow Us on Twitter: @gfqnetwork
    Check out the GFQ Network : Guysfromqueens.com

Thanks, I'm going to have to start putting my set up together and get started.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Make sure you totally understand the concept of mix-minus.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphillips View Post
    Make sure you totally understand the concept of mix-minus.
    Can you give me a little insight?

Quote Originally Posted by LucaB View Post
    Can you give me a little insight?
    The extreme basics of mix-minus is basically making sure that your output to a device contains everything but the input from that same device. Otherwise you get the echo reverb that will overwhelm the ears, speakers and everything else... Without it, it would be a neverending loop of the same audio played on top of each other to infinity (or until something broke).

Mix minus comes into play a lot when working with phone callers into your board. It allows the phone caller to hear everything coming from the board except his own voice being played back to him (which would start the loop). To test this theory, get into someone's car who has a hands free device. Then call that person with your cell phone while they use their hands free.... your phone will pick up the audio from the car and begin the wretched sounds of everything looping on top of each other...(not recommended to actually try, but you get the point).

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BradShoemaker View Post
    The extreme basics of mix-minus is basically making sure that your output to a device contains everything but the input from that same device. Otherwise you get the echo reverb that will overwhelm the ears, speakers and everything else... Without it, it would be a neverending loop of the same audio played on top of each other to infinity (or until something broke).

Mix minus comes into play a lot when working with phone callers into your board. It allows the phone caller to hear everything coming from the board except his own voice being played back to him (which would start the loop). To test this theory, get into someone's car who has a hands free device. Then call that person with your cell phone while they use their hands free.... your phone will pick up the audio from the car and begin the wretched sounds of everything looping on top of each other...(not recommended to actually try, but you get the point).
    Great stuff Brad..Thanks for taking the time to provide your insight to our users!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast