Donovan Adkisson
    Adkisson Digital
    http://www.adkissondigital.com
    http://about.me/gdadkisson | Twitter: @gdadkisson
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you read my books?
    Podcasting: Year One http://www.donovanadkisson.com/pyo
    Fifty and Furious http://www.donovanadkisson.com/fifty

Thank you sir. It is definitely time for me to switch gears a bit. I do web design and was, at the end of my radio career, Director of Digital, but it is time to move away from it and focus on my passion, which is producing entertaining broadcasts via the web.

Brad wow what as great looking setup. Glad you are back on the site!

Too many photos to load here. So you can see FalconsTV setup here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Falco...=photos_stream

Both at our home stadium and on the road! I can just about get all of the equipment into the boot of a Cruze with a few items on the back seat!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSeabrook View Post
    Too many photos to load here. So you can see FalconsTV setup here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Falco...=photos_stream

Both at our home stadium and on the road! I can just about get all of the equipment into the boot of a Cruze with a few items on the back seat!
    Wow! That is an awesome setup! I have so many questions. I think I saw 1 wireless transmitter. Can you explain what gear you are using? Cameras (models), mics, vMIX etc. This looks like an affordable production. Thanks for posting the pics AndrewSeabrook!

Quote Originally Posted by MovieBuff View Post
    Can you explain what gear you are using?
    The system is a standard Dell XPS with two aVerMedia c129 capture cards giving a total of 4 HD and 4 SD inputs (not all of you inputs need to be HD..i.e. 24 sec clock PIPed into a larger shot). A Beringer x2224 mixer. I typically bring in 6-7 video feeds either from cameras, direct from the commentator's laptop, or from a webcam on the commentators. Camera are a mix of Canon Legrias and Panasonic (all PAL). I will standardise on all Canons as I can afford to. Mikes are Audio Technicas (BPHS1 and ATR2100-USB's). The switching software is VidBlaster, but eagle eyes will notice vMix and Wirecast with the same camera setups in the photos. For fast live action, I find VidBlaster the best to use but as vMix matures that might change. For talking heads shows, any of the products are more than good enough. My intercom system consists of a Galaxy Audio AS-900-4 AnySpot Band Pack and a cheap wireless mike set from China. That allows me to configure comms to/from 4 production staff in stereo, so I can send the commentary feed on one channel, the director's feed on the other. I have a number of wireless HDMI senders/recievers which have proven to be very stable within a basketball stadium, so can run 4 HD cameras wirelessly. Back up high quality 30 metre HDMI cables are always there as well as well as many shorter ones. Some of the wireless transmitters operate as repeaters/splitters so I use them in my aquisition chain. Don't forget tripods! You will spend as much if not more on good quality tripods as you will on cameras. I have a number of "cheaper" units with fluid heads from China but the main camera is mounted on a Manfrotto. Monitoring feed for the commentators goes out through HDMI to a small LED TV which gives them a good view of the program feed. That feed is taken though an HDMI splitter and into external encoders/recorders.Live stats of the game are fed to the Commentators via a seperate laptop from FIBA Livestats.

What wireless HDMI senders/receivers do you use?

Actiontec MyWirelessTV http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...reless_HD.html and Wavlink. The Wavlink seems to be discontinued which is a shame as it seems the most stable and uses a small USB dongle as a transmitter. The Actiontecs have a passthough port so I can also run a monitor on each camera.
    Last edited by AndrewSeabrook; 09-02-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Over this past weekend I had the pleasure of hanging out with my brother in law at the Rascal Flatts / Sheryl Crow show here in Detroit. My brother in law is one of the main video guys on the tour. He's in charge of setting up things on the stage and running the video production during the show. It was exciting to get to see a concert from that side, rather than as a fan in the crowd. I was able to snap a few photos of the action and some of the equipment they use to produce what you see on the projection screens.

IMG_3328.jpg
    They set up their control booth inside one of the trucks that transports equipment to and from each venue.

0192412c67e43ce43e9f3d893da3ab24da186d9c0d.jpg
    AJA Ki Pro HD Media Recorders, Audio distribution to recorders and director, and Folsom image pros

019564b730e656c75bed900876f024fda7cb1306b1.jpg
    AJA FS2 video processor and frame sync and a 128x96 output router

0196714c3b0c38de7691f19429d3785fdbafcf3ad4.jpg 0138b508192ef38935e1a3723296651f8cbe89630a.jpg
    There are two Evertz 24 channel multi viewers

01aebfaecb619fc47a095afdf48474d65f2cecbada.jpg 01d6c7bc51ca8fdbbfb81fc6fc8b343b526fc521dc.jpg IMG_3346.jpg
    Sony remote control panel for cameras and Sony BRC300 controller for Sony BRC-K700 cameras. There are also 5 Sony HXC-100 cameras and 2 Fujinon 72x telephoto lenses. The team uses David Clark headsets for constant communication.

0123c5fbf7712a4aba08eb22b3cbc3d91196106a0c.jpg
    Ross Vision 3-ME (multi effect layers) HD Switcher

There are 2 people that run things inside the truck. One that directs using the Ross Vision HD Switcher and a second person that is using the control panel to continually adjust the exposure and shading of the video. A team of 3 people are actually on stage to shoot the band. And another 2 that control the 2 cameras at front of house with the Fujinon telephoto lenses.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sunkast; 09-23-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    Watch Tech News Weekly every Friday at 3pm EST on the GFQ Network.

Here it is, it's simple but it works.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast