International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Mixer for Podcasting

i get ya on the mixer. I was being silly. However a mixer that works with podcasting that costs 2k is not only not necessary its overkill. Mix minus is also a think of the past. I am a newbie at this as you know, and i drive a Dodge Durango to get onto the beaches at the north end of carolina beach so i need 4 wheel drive. lol....

I guess i am just jeleous cause i am on ssi and dont have access to that kind of money for a hobby anymore.

Jeez 2k for a mixer....ok ok got it...

You all be good ya hear...

Bill

Also put into consideration all the extra equipment you have in the studio. If I were to add up the Mixer , EQ and Compressors we have I would be at around 1400 dollars.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    William, I am very interested in your statement, "Mix minus is a thing of the past." Please explain. I'm extremely intrigued!
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

I also have to disagree. Mix Minus is extremely necessary when taking phone calls or using skype

wow 2000 dollars for a mixer? I had no idea. Is there a big difference from a 100 dollar mixer and a 2000 dollar mixer? why would anyone in podasting need it? I mean I guess its cool if you are making money. But isnt it all the same in the end? Maybe im wrong

The only reason to buy a $2000 mixer is because it will do what the $100 mixer will not do. Six aux sends, built-in compression/equalization/gating, and subgroups are several.

Dont listen to me ...i am a newbie....i just dont use mix minus.....

William, I can understand "i just dont use mix minus", but I don't understand the comment, "Mix minus is also a think of the past." It would be helpful to us all to understand why you consider mix minus to be a thing of the past. Most people don't even understand it yet.

I attend a church that is using Windows 95 (not 98, not Me, not xp). Why? Because it does what they need it to do (print the bulletin). Buying a $2000 mixer is INSANE for podcasting. I've been using the same Behringer $60 mixer for seven years. As for recording skype, you can do away with mix minus. You can record skype with an external recorder and never have to worry about software messing it up. I have a video showing how to do this.

People like the Mackie 1402vlz3 because it has channel inserts which people use for compressors.

To say that buying a $2,000 mixer is INSANE is a bit of a stretch. People have different needs and uses for such equipment, as has been pointed out several times.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast