International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Network Organizational Question

Network Organizational Question

One of the issues I have struggled with since building out from one show to a network is how to organize them. As we grew, I just added additional websites, additional UStream channels, and additional YouTube channels. Now that I am looking to redesign everything, I am wondering if I would be better served bringing it all together under one unified roof. One channel for YouTube, Ustream, etc... also promote the network site above and beyond the individual stuff.

That being said I will probably do a Wordpress Multisite (already setup, but not utilized to its potential) to create the network site which will pull in the feeds of the individual sites. I still want each show to have their own website to post their unique brand of content, although the websites will be designed to have a similar layout with minor graphic changes only.

How have you done it and what successes have you seen using the various methods?

Hmm that is a good question.

I think it would be better to have everything under one network or brand! Because we all know that branding is a huge thing. So if you have multiple shows then I would go with a network.

Running multiple Wordpress sites for each site is a great idea! That way it keeps the feeds clean for each show. If you want to have a all network feed you can just post everything to the one main site.

As far as a streaming channel I would have it all under one network like Ustream, Justin.TV ETC.

I would also do the same thing with YouTube if you plan on doing it. I would just setup a playlist for each show and that way it keeps the main YT feed clean and it makes it easier to find what people are looking for.

When I ran InterWebzRadio.com we had 5 or 6 shows and that is how I handled it and it was super easy and worked great.

Hope I was some help!
    Jase Rossi | Founder, Lead Reviewer and Host of ReBoot! The Anything and Everything Gaming Podcast at www.Nerdmunky.com

Follow me on Twitter :@jaserossi

I plan to produce up to 5 shows (will only be doing one for the first few months just to get my hand in and nail down workflows etc) they will all have their own sites with a link into the networks main (hub) site, I plan to post all youtube content under one main account and sort it into playlists, as for live stream I'm not 100 percent sure yet.

We are currently producing 15 shows a week at the GFQ Network. Here is how i set things up

1. 4 week trial show - We do this to see if the show is going to work for everyone involved. Its also a great way to see if its something the audience gets into.

2. GFQ Produces all the content locally. Everything is broadcasted on our feed and we control the content (We have a 2 exceptions to this rule)

3. Time/day - Its important to find a time slot that works with the show. We also want to group some shows together rather then its being a free for all.

Everyone is free to distribute the content on their website as long as they use 1 unified embed.

Those are just some of the things we do