International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: You Tube vs Own channel

Post You Tube vs Own channel

I am very new to this. Actually have not even started, I am planning to start an internet based political channel. I have been posed a question that I could not answer. What is the difference between a You Tube channel and your own channel?? why choose one over the other?

Need help.

Thanks,

Hi Kman,

Youtube is great to post your content on and gain new viewers from their site. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by your own channel" ?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Hi Kman,

Youtube is great to post your content on and gain new viewers from their site. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by your own channel" ?
    By own channel I mean buying your own domain, designing your website, hosting it, contracting with a cdn and all that jazz. I wish to produce a little original content, rest will be existing videos to be put in VOD archives. There will be some live streaming as well of live events.

Both are very important. Having your own website will allow people to discover your content outside of youtube. The more places the better