International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Multiple Computer Setup for Show

Multiple Computer Setup for Show

One of our shows is doing a "Dating Game" style broadcast on location tomorrow (Wednesday, July 11).

The setup will be bigger than I am used to as it requires 6 Camera's in. I have one Vidblaster Studio license and one Wirecast 4.1 license.

The main machine, a desktop that is built to fly will have 4 cameras connected and the second, a fast laptop that has USB issues will have 2 (the laptop USB bus can only handle one camera per BUS).

I need to find a way to bring in the second PC that will be using Wirecast to my main PC with Vidblaster. I have a Black Magic Intensity Pro card installed so I can use HDMI out to my BM card if necessary.

If there is no way to bring Wirecast in, is there a way to bring in two separate laptops each with one webcam on them?

I could try taking out the BM card and adding another USB 2.0 card to bring in the remaining cameras, but then I am worried about CPU usage. It is a fast i7, but with 4 cameras in, streaming live, recording, and video overlays, etc it starts becoming an issue.

IAIB Broadcaster
    If we had more time I could loan you an Osprey 450e 4-port capture card. It's easy on CPU and might allow you to take 6 cams in on the same PC.

If you ever want to test this, let me know.

I might have to take you up on that soon.

IAIB Broadcaster
    No problem. Glad to help.