International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That VidBlaster Guy! premiers Tuesday 7/10 at 2 pm CDT

IAIB Broadcaster

That VidBlaster Guy! premiers Tuesday 7/10 at 2 pm CT

"All about VidBlaster" is the theme for That VidBlaster Guy! which premiers this Tuesday, July 10th at 2 pm CDT (7 UTC) at www.ThatVidBlasterGuy.com.

The show format includes interviews with new-media professionals who use VidBlaster to stream a variety of events. Amnon Nissan (www.NissanCommunications.com) will be my guest for this first show. His company streams several different talk shows including the very popular Computers 2K Now on Sunday morning (www.computers2know.com). Many thanks to Amnon for hosting my website and providing the chatroom.

Each show will focus on a different theme starting with talk shows, sporting events, and church services. The show guests will come from those fields. The first few shows will be "alphas" to a limited audience, then a few "betas" to a wider audience, then... the big time!

The Tips & Tricks segments will include... choosing the best capture card for your broadcast; no cost ways to optimize your PC for broadcasting; CDNs - free or paid; and using a SSD or a RAMDisk to enhance your streaming, and more.

VidBlaster tutorials will include... using VVD for return video with Skype, using chromakey, using instant replay for sports, PowerPoint integration, and more.

While the show will be specifically about VidBlaster, my main goal is to prove that you can do a good broadcast using just one PC. Since many of the concepts shared in the show apply to other software/hardware products, too, I think everyone will have some good "take-aways" from the show.

Hope you'll tune in and chime in, too. Pre-show will start about 1:30.
    Last edited by TomSinclair; 09-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Hey Tom, I look forward to checking it out. Congrats!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

I'm with Spence, definitely looking forward to this show.

Cant wait to check it out !

IAIB Broadcaster
    Nothing like a long list of pre-show chores to quiet my nerves. Hope to see you this afternoon at 2 pm CDT.

I'll do at Q&A in the last segment, so post some good questions in the chat.

An after show... nice touch.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Nice to have the first show under my belt. Went relatively well from my perspective other than the segment when I forgot to turn up the volume on my mic and did a 90-second silent movie before someone in the chat room caught my attention. Whew!

Many thanks to Amnon for being the first guest. What a gracious and humble man! And an easy interview.

If you missed it, you can catch the show from our archives here.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSinclair View Post
    Nice to have the first show under my belt. Went relatively well from my perspective other than the segment when I forgot to turn up the volume on my mic and did a 90-second silent movie before someone in the chat room caught my attention. Whew!

Many thanks to Amnon for being the first guest. What a gracious and humble man! And an easy interview.

If you missed it, you can catch the show from our archives here.
    Great job Tom...It was cool seeing you do your thing!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

IAIB Broadcaster
    That VidBlaster Guy! this week will feature Sheldon Neal who shares his secrets in broadcasting basketball in HD. Wow! It's gonna be great! We'll also demo Instant Replay (the old version) and other cool stuff.

Different time this week: 12 noon ET. Grab a sandwich and have lunch with us!

Watch live or catch us in the archives later that day.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Special guest on That VidBlaster Guy! Tuesday will be the very talented Steve Penstone of Penn State Men's Hockey at 2:00 CT. Steve's an experienced VidBlaster broadcaster. And a great interview.

I will tell some war stories of sports broadcasts gone horribly wrong. I lived to tell about them and have the scars to prove it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast