International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

View Poll Results: Do you welcome unsolicited critiques about your audio?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I welcome constructive comments.

13 100.00%
  • No, keep your comments to yourself.

0 0%
  • What's Internet broadcasting?

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio Critique

IAIB Broadcaster
    I had a very helpful session with Mr. Phillips last week. He pointed out several basic flaws in my mixer settings. He was very gracious and patient. And my audio is better!

The bottom line for me is... it is easier and more helpful to receive critique from someone that I trust and acknowledge as an expert (someone that knows more than me!).

I also like constructive criticism however if its followed by "when i lived in ny i did it this way" i lose interest...sorry new yorkers but it like chalk on a board....i guess i have lived in nc for a long time now...lol...and i should mention i guess that i was born at West Point Military Academy, in West Point, NY. so there you go...My Alabama bud Tom is always helpful....

I'm all for criticism. My broadcasts have never been to my liking. I have worked in the industry for years, but engineering the broadcasts has been a first for me. I'm better when I can sit in a studio that has been pre-configured, but those days are long gone.

As for my broadcasts most of everything I do now is setup at bars and the added factor of crowd noise and the speakers, etc make it hard for me to hear what I am doing wrong as I am recording it...only after do I hear that something doesn't sound right... so I am ALWAYS up for criticism.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12