International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

View Poll Results: Do you use a Mac or PC to run your broadcast ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

5 26.32%
  • PC

12 63.16%
  • Both

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mac or PC?

Mac or PC?

Do you use a Mac or PC to run your broadcast ?

I am using PC Exclusively for my broadcasts. If you want power you have to go with a PC

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Law Wife View Post
    I was using a Mac Pro 8 core and still couldn’t get my broadcasts up to snuff. Zarian convinced me to switch to a PC...I hate him for that, but he was right! My broadcast has never looked better.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Quote Originally Posted by Common Law Wife View Post
    PC all the way, has better software, and is much more powerful. I use mac for personal stuff, but not for broadcasting.
    Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
    - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Jake Kettle
    Executive Producer
    Truth Transmission
    Ewing, New Jersey
    www.truthtransmission.com

Thanks for the replies guys!

When I stare at a PC computer I find myself staring in one spot for an extremely long period of time. It's so extremely foreign to me, I don't know where to click or where anything is. When I'm confronted with a PC I wanted to run fast in the other direction and scream "NOOOOOOO." I know Mac, I love Mac -- I think Mac loves me too, but I guess apparently it can't hack it for the big stuff. Is that due to lack of software to run the broadcasts? Or the Machine power itself? or both?

I think its a combination of a few things a mac Pro is a great machine to do heavy duty video editing ( final Cut is amazing) . When it comes to live streaming I still feel that a PC has the advantage due to more hardware being on the market for it. Also pricing plays a huge factor.

So much PC lovin' in here!

I personally use a Mac, and have been since 2009. I record my broadcasts using Protools and then edit with another audio program to clean things up. You can do just the same amount of audio production on a Mac as you can on a PC, it just depends on the software and hardware. I've upgraded my pretty lil' MAC to 1TB and I have another external harddrive that's 1TB, and i pretty much use my MAC for everything (to developing and designing our website, to editing and producing shows, spec spots, and movies).

..I know I can't be the only one here who uses a MAC - it's simple, clean, and sexy!

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeBreadRadio View Post
    So much PC lovin' in here!

I personally use a Mac, and have been since 2009. I record my broadcasts using Protools and then edit with another audio program to clean things up. You can do just the same amount of audio production on a Mac as you can on a PC, it just depends on the software and hardware. I've upgraded my pretty lil' MAC to 1TB and I have another external harddrive that's 1TB, and i pretty much use my MAC for everything (to developing and designing our website, to editing and producing shows, spec spots, and movies).

..I know I can't be the only one here who uses a MAC - it's simple, clean, and sexy!
    Welcome to the IAIB!

I’ve gotta tell you that I am a hardcore Mac guy, but my broadcast was suffering because I was so resistant to the idea of switching to a PC. As much as it kills me, Zarian was right, and at a least for now, there's no turning back!

By the way, I’m posting this from my MacBook Pro.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Mac. It has to be Mac. Quartz extreme and Core Image really help when doing stuff like real time video switching. Wirecast for Mac is a great switcher.

I run my broadcasts on an i7 2600K Hackintosh, and it runs flawlessly.

See thats the issue, Most people wont be running a hackintosh. If you are looking for a powerhouse machine you go with a PC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast