International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to setup Basic Mix Minus with Skype!

How to setup Basic Mix Minus with Skype!

I said this in another post but I will say it again. I get asked this question a lot and I see some people asking about it on here too. How do you setup basic mix minus using Skype and a Mixer?

If I put this in the wrong Area, Please move it to the right one.

So I thought I would make a video to show you how easy it is to do this. At lease I hope I made it look easy hehe.

You can share and post this video where ever you would like. I hope this video makes it a little easier to understand and setup Mix Minus.

If I am wrong on anything Mike Phillips will be sure and tell me

Jase Rossi | Founder, Lead Reviewer and Host of ReBoot! The Anything and Everything Gaming Podcast at www.Nerdmunky.com

Follow me on Twitter :@jaserossi

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Hey Jase, thanks so much for posting this! To tell you the truth, I’ve been having some issues with Skype that I can’t seem to figure out. Perhaps I’ll hit you up to help me trouble shoot

I think we need an IAIB tutorial forum to house this type content...What do you guys think?. Great job!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Jase, using Skype to check the levels on the Aux Send bus is a great idea. I tell people to plug their headphones directly into the Aux Send jack so they can hear what is being sent. Using Skype as an input monitor saves some time if everything is wired correctly.

Spencer, your forum software allows the creation of individual blogs. Can the IAIB forum do the same?
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Jase, Does this tutorial assume you have a USB mixer connected to your PC? If so, some clarification might keep someone like me from going crazy if I was not using a USB mixer.

Just a thought.

Very good tutorial, Jase! I wish I had come across a tutorial like this when I was first trying to figure it out.
    Donovan Adkisson
    Adkisson Digital
    http://www.adkissondigital.com
    http://about.me/gdadkisson | Twitter: @gdadkisson
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you read my books?
    Podcasting: Year One http://www.donovanadkisson.com/pyo
    Fifty and Furious http://www.donovanadkisson.com/fifty

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphillips View Post
    Spencer, your forum software allows the creation of individual blogs. Can the IAIB forum do the same
    It’s an additional component that can be purchased for the forum, but we would first have to figure out how many members actually want to use it as opposed to simply creating threads. I’m up for it if we have enough people who are interested.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    Jase, First off great video this would be very help full to people looking to do Mix Minus for the first time. With your permission I would love to make a second video to show Mix Minus with only one PC. If some one only has one power PC it would be great to know how to do a Mix Minus on one PC with two different audio sources. Let me know thanks.
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

Thanks for all the kind words guys! The mixer I am using is a USB mixer but I am not using the USB audio that is built into the mixer. I am using analog out to my rack mount interface.

That would be great Radar! I think that would be a great idea.

I have a few other ideas for some videos that I thought would help and of course I will make sure they are posted on the IAIB!

Jase
    Jase Rossi | Founder, Lead Reviewer and Host of ReBoot! The Anything and Everything Gaming Podcast at www.Nerdmunky.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Kobren View Post
    Hey Jase, thanks so much for posting this! To tell you the truth, I’ve been having some issues with Skype that I can’t seem to figure out. Perhaps I’ll hit you up to help me trouble shoot

I think we need an IAIB tutorial forum to house this type content...What do you guys think?. Great job!
    Thank you so much Spencer! and I would love to help you with your Skype problem! add me on Skype techjaseokc and we will take a look at it!

Jase

Great video Jase. really helpful stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast