International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your dream Podcasting Studio?

What is your dream Podcasting Studio?

If you could have any setup / hardware for your Podcasting studio what would it be?

IAIB Broadcaster

Dream setup

Yours I am a man of simple needs.

hahah Are you calling me simple !!

IAIB Broadcaster
    No one would EVER call you simple, Andrew your setup handles everything that I see myself building towards. Better video capabilities, computer to handle video production both streaming and post-production, dedicated Skype machine. And, of course, you know that I covet your Cardinal Microphone On a public school teacher's salary in Georgia, those things will come in slow dribbles, but they WILL come.

I know how it is. It takes time to develop what you want. Took me 3 years to build this out. BTW what grade do you teach?

IAIB Broadcaster
    I teach Fifth Grade. Been in Education for over 20 years. Did computer lab for 8 of it. That's why my podcast focuses on EdTech and Kidlit.

Working on building my semi-dream studio. Due to not having a proper house that I can truly use as a studio, I am opting to renting space at a Industrial/artist complex where the upstairs was once a call center, they are now building office/studio spaces to suit.

It won't be ready till September, but in the end I will have enough space for 2 studios and a reception area (to make sure guests don't knock in the middle of shows.

As for equipment... looking at buying stuff now and includes a couple machines for streaming and skyping. A Presonus board, around 4-5 SM7Bs or RE20s. Haven't decided yet. A good lighting kit and several other things I have on a list somewhere.

Also looking to decorate as Andrew and Mike David's studios have inspired me to come up with something creative and not a stock radio-esque look.

Also looking into Soundproofing and general sound panels, etc.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Congratulations,Brad. Sounds like it will be nice. We will be redoing my wife's art studio to include interview space and I may end up moving my production to the same area. Sound will be an interesting thing to work through in the space, but overall easier to isolate and control.

Check out her artwork at www.samanthameeker.com
    All of the paintings of the man in pain are of me. She has captured my pain of wanting to get my studio set up

I have redone this studio 3 times and im now totally out of room. the next move would be to redo the entire attic to be the studio. Our attic has 3 bedrooms so I would use each of them 1 , servers , 2 production, 3 studio

IAIB Broadcaster
    I have a daughter that is turning 17 and one that is 13. That means that in 4-5 years I COULD have an extra room open up, too. Attic doesn't have easy access or I'd go with Andrew's plan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast