International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Keeping the CPU noise down in your studio

Cool Keeping the CPU noise down in your studio

I have noticed many Internet Broadcasters / Podcasters have a big issue with CPU noise. Until we started using the DBX 286s we had the same issue. How do you guys deal with fan noise? Im considering making the switch to a water cooling system for out machines.

I switched out to a self contained system and it completely silent and keeps my PC ultra cool. Antec makes a few models. No tubes or crazy liquid since it is all sell contained. Here is the model I use http://amzn.to/L6iV5T
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

Andrew when I built my studio computer I pondered this same question. The answer for me was to use an all in one solution. I went with the Corsair H line and have been very happy with the result it keeps my CPU under 70 degrees on full load and idols around 28 degrees. These system are a closed loop water cooler so there is no maintenance. I highly recommend these coolers.

Good luck on your quest.
    Richard Cleveland
    Producer/Host
    Naked Ape Productions
    http://nakedapeprod.com

I will be looking into this. Prob get one this week from amazon. thanks for all the info!

UPDATE : So I installed the h80 water cooling system on my main machine. The install is pretty easy. Took about 20 min to get everything in. The issue for me was that the fans are louder then what I had installed previously. I swapped some of the stock fans with the ones I was using previously. Seems to have done the trick. I also overclocked the 2600k to about 4.2 - 4.4ghz and its running perfectly. CPU at at about 61c.