International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting Your Audio Podcast On Wordpress.com

Putting Your Audio Podcast On Wordpress.com

Hello Everyone!

I am hosting my blog on wordpress.com. I would like to post my podcasts on my blog however wordpress.com does not allow flash to posted. I was wondering if anyone knew how to post audio files on wordpress.com without using flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadori View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I am hosting my blog on wordpress.com. I would like to post my podcasts on my blog however wordpress.com does not allow flash to posted. I was wondering if anyone knew how to post audio files on wordpress.com without using flash?
    That's going to be tough.... I switched off that to a hosted solution for that very same reason. I guess it hasn't changed
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

have you considered using wordpress.org with a hosting account? Podcasting is simple with add ons like powerpress.

Where are you hosting your podcast files?

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar

Powerpress

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    have you considered using wordpress.org with a hosting account? Podcasting is simple with add ons like powerpress.
    Powerpress is an amazing plugin. There are endless supplies of options and is really great. You should give it a try!!
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

I am currently hosting my files with Spreaker. This is due to the fact it is free and I don't have the money to buy a place to host it. What would you recommend?

Andrewzarian. Thanks for your advice. I have considered that but right now I do not have the funding to be able to do that. I have been hosting my files with Spreaker. I was considering to start a YouTube page in order to become a partner over time and use the funds to be able to buy a website domain and space for my files.

Nothing wrong with using a free service. You gotta start somewhere. Personally I prefer to host my own files. The main reason being that I have total control over the file since not every service allows you to easily upload/replace a file with a new one.

Looking at Spreaker's help section, it looks like you can simply embed their player using an iframe. This should work perfectly fine with Wordpress.com. Because you are embedding an iframe, the flash player is actually hosted by Spreaker and shouldn't conflict with Wordpress.com.
    Watch Tech News Weekly every Friday at 3pm EST on the GFQ Network.

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks sunkast.

IAIB Broadcaster
    To get an audio player you can just use a simple HTML5 audio tag with the files location. If you don't care about a player just put it as a link and feed burner or the rss feed that the site generates will pick it up.

If you want to see how it looks check out one of my podcasts that I host on Blogger. Top of the side bar has 3 HTML5 audio players.

www.teijg.com

Here is a like to the code

http://www.w3schools.com/html5/tag_audio.asp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast