International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?

What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?

We run a small TV channel from my classroom and it is very archaic at this point. We use a computer as our server that runs 24/7 and has been going for 6 years straight. We are going to update our channel this year as our cable company is going all internet streaming and no cable will be used at all in our town. We are going to run everything in HD and I need something will be powerful enough to run 24/7 and play HD videos all day and night. The software we use is also very archaic but we have not found anything that will let us set up time slots and dates and days that will play video and other things.

Does anyone on here know what a good build would be that would be way more power than we need but not over doing the budget?

Are there any prebuilt systems that would work with a TV channel system that would have software already in place and would save me hours of having to place each video in and setup the times etc. I use google but I can't find anything that would really work for our system.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a prebuilt machine if you know anything about a local TV channel.

I don't know how else to explain what we do so any advice would be great. Thanks.

Someone has recommended the UltraNEXUS HD Cast. It looks like a nice piece of equipment. Has anyone worked with it?