International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Help chosing a camcorder please.

Help chosing a camcorder please.

I am looking at a new camcorder within my budget. I am really looking hard between 3 models.
    JVC GY-HM170UA
    Panasonic AG-AC30
    JVC GY-HM200U
    If you know the price of these you will see they are very close in price at B&H with the HM170 being the cheapest right now. Does anyone have any experience with these. I know the Panasonic is a brand new model but I have 2 AG-AC90 camcorders and love them. Anyone care to comment? Thanks.

I got the Panasonic AG-AC30 and like many things about it but one. The video. It is soft. Too soft. It lacks punch and detail to me. I need a camcorder also that outputs at 720 60p and this does not. I am going to send it back. Does anyone have a AG-AC90 or AC90A for sale? I really like that or does anyone have a professional or prosumer camcorder or know of one for sale that has 720 60p output.

I contacted B&H today and got a return RMA for the AC30. I now need to find a camcorder that I like. I know I like the AC90 and wonder if there is anyone out there that has one to sell. I have checked on eBay and some of those people are nuts. For some reason they think they can sell them for over 2k. At the end of their life they were under $1500. I will buy a whole different brand new camera for more than that if I have to. I looked at the features of the Sony X70 and it really seems to have a lot of the record and HDMI out settings that the Panny AC30 did not. If I looked at it right it has a 720 60p output for HDMI out or did I see that wrong?