International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why all the talk About Money and not building an Audience

Quote Originally Posted by RadarGaming View Post
    The fact that this the only thing you are going to refer to in my post just proves its true. Enjoy your little podcast school.

Can we get a link to this podcast you have?
    l do you one better, I will place you on the ignore list, in my settings. Like I said, you got kicked off your own show, go argue with them! You are no where close to being worth my time!

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    @Mike Myers. See, this guy just made my point about being lumped in with everyone else. Now on to you. They never called me a scammer. I never said that they attacked me on a personal level. Second, what does your posting history have to do with this? Quite a bit, as it seems the only time you post is when you can argure with someone. That's what got you kicked off your own show to begion with.

I will open my bank account to this forum, showing that we have our first two classes booked. 20 members per class at $1200.00 each. Man, that must really piss you off. Only stipulation is, you go first.

Just curioues, you still live in your parents basement, or do you really make a living designing websites?
    I currently am going to college so I do live with my parents. 40 people signed up for your course, you have 1 Facebook like and 2 twitter followers and 52 views on YouTube. Very interesting
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

This thread has taken a very bizarre turn. I will try my best to break it down

1. Dana: The IAIB site is open for anyone creating video/audio content. From day one the IAIB has been open to podcasters, traditional broadcasters, internet broadcasters, and Youtubers. We created the site to provide a place for people to come and ask for advice, and meet others that create similar content. To me, internet broadcasting and podcasting is the same thing. There is no bias against either or. Most of our members from day one have been podcasters. We also have a section for industry providers. Meaning if you have a resource Ex. coaching, Hosting, and imaging we provide a palace for you to promote and discuss what you do.

2. Registration to the IAIB is open and FREE for everyone. The forum and the main site have separate registration, that might be the confusion here. Anyone can sign up and get in. We do not turn people away from being part of the site. Link : http://www.ibroadcastnetwork.org/member/signup. I see that you stated that you requested to have a broadcaster status. where did you send that request?

3. There is a general IAIB email address on the main site. info@ibroadcastnetwork.org. That is the only email we provide on the site. I receive all emails that are sent to that address. I do not publish my personal email address on this site or any other site.

I cant speak for anyone else other than myself but I can tell you first hand that we welcome everyone to this site. There are plenty of people who are charging for podcast/broadcast coaching out there that are doing a service for the industry. Many of them have been active on this site in the past. Dave Jackson, Daniel J Lewis, and Ray Ortega are three that come to mind right now. I don't think anyone is talking about them. However there are plenty of people that are doing "Podcast Coaching" who in my opinion are not qualified to do so. It seems that based on the success of a very small group of coaches people have taken the opportunity to profit with very bad info. I also don't think anyone was pointing a finger at you, personally I am not all that familiar with your website.

Beyond this I am not too sure what else to say. I am still very confused as to when this thread went off the rail. There have been a lot of accusations in this thread that are just not correct.

I hope this post cleared things up for everyone.

Andrew

I have been on this site for years and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this lol. Mike and a few other OG's have been helping people for years I dont know what your issue is with him. And no I dont know him personally or spoken to him outside of this site.

Dana I think you have have provided some great stuff on here but this is where im going to tell you that you are totally off. As someone who runs a school and business you should handle the situation a little bit better. No one came out and insulted you or your product. From what I can see people have been very welcoming to you.

This entire thread is... wow. Im going to go and enjoy my drink now.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    This thread has taken a very bizarre turn. I will try my best to break it down. Andrew
    Fair enough Andrew. Now, here is my break down. On the front page of this site, you feature Broadcasters. That is where I applied for membership. You have 32 pages, all members carry the title of Broadcaster. After you fill out the form, it states you request will placed under review, to the best of my knowledge, as I applied well over a month ago.

I had no idea of anyone's show on Blab or Computers2KNow. I found them both by accident, simply going from link, to link to link. I answered a question from the OP, who asked if anyone knew of the link to Mike on Blab. I replied with the link, as well as my opinion of the show. That is when you stepped in.

Had you told me about using the e-mail link at the bottom of the site, I would have done so. I did reply back to you that I could not locate your e-mail, yet you never replied back, to say where it could be found. I guess I will bite the bullet on that one, though I truly had no idea, the link went to you.

I told you I did not even want to get into this issue, yet you insisted. I knew better. So I will bite the bullet on that one as well. As far as the big names in Podcasting, being members of this site. You are correct. The fact that they have not posted in this forum for years, leads me to believe that have simply moved on. I am seldom impressed by anyone's title in Podcasting, just so you know. That is the same reason I have never had an interest to go to a podcast movement event.

I have been called a scammer in this thread, by a 20 something year old, still living in his parents basement, that has no clue whatsoever, on what the outside world has in store for him, when he does leave the nest, and has to make it on his own. He made a comment that I only have 53 views on YouTube, 2 Followers on Twitter and so on. To be honest with you, somebody is waisting their money on this kids education. He was able to see my social sites, he should have seen where we very clearly have it stated, that we do not even kick off till Jan 4th, 2016. Image that!

We target Corporations, Companies as well as the occasional, lone individual, to teach them how to podcast, along with setting up their platform to do so, ie, their WP website. I have stated that on this very forum. That's what happens when you only post 2 times in 7 months, you have no clue what goes on or what people are talking about. So, here is the run down.

Yes we do charge money. Yes we do give free advice, both through e-mails, as well as forums, such as this. Yes we do have 10's of thousands of dollars invested. Yes, we have advised potential members on our website, as well as this very forum, that if you think you can just start podcasting and make money, you will fail. Period. Look at my post on this forum, you will see that statement. Yes we do have the knowledge to do as we say, from Collage Educated Instructors, that earned their Masters, in the field of audio engineering.

No, we do not promote anyone in this field that provides people with a false hope of getting rich in the podcasting field. Yes we do teach people how they can produce a broadcast quality audio file for under $250.00, not thousands. Yes we have very solid business plan for making this project work. Yes, all of our sites as well as programs are paid in full till 2025. Yes, we do have millions of dollars in audio equipment. No, we have no desire to mislead anyone, regardless of what we do, in anything in life, podcasting being at the bottom of the list.

Yes, every affiliate you see listed on our website, has sent us an e-mail granting us permission to state the fact that we are indeed affiliated with them. Yes, we do have affiliate links to 95% of them. Just as I have stated on this very forum, it is my opinion, this is the best route for a podcaster, to start producing some income, till they can build their listener base. Yes, I have used this system, long before podcasters, even had a clue.

So, how did this thread get off track? Because I gave my opinion, when I should have keep my mouth shut! I guess I will bite the bullet on that one as well. I guess I will be like everybody else. Pop in about 4 times a year, just to see what is going on. I am no different then anyone else Andrew, just a man, cramming 30 hours into a 18 hour day, six days a week, doing something that feels nothing like a job. I enjoy what I do, however, I do not enjoy this. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSaunders View Post
    I have been on this site for years and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this lol. Mike and a few other OG's have been helping people for years I dont know what your issue is with him. And no I dont know him personally or spoken to him outside of this site.

Dana I think you have have provided some great stuff on here but this is where im going to tell you that you are totally off. As someone who runs a school and business you should handle the situation a little bit better. No one came out and insulted you or your product. From what I can see people have been very welcoming to you.

This entire thread is... wow. Im going to go and enjoy my drink now.
    Here again Paul, I suggest you start at the beginning of this thread and read it all. I clearly stated I did not want to get into this and now I guess, what I see in front of me in a video, is just my imagination.

Dana I am still confused as to what upset you? Were you attacked in the video that you posted. I listened to the first 20 min and didn't hear anyone mention you. Let me know where I missed it. Might have skipped over a few seconds. I dont think anyone was even suggestion that you are one of the bad guys.

The IAIB main site registration goes to my email and I have approved everything that I have received. Just yesterday we approved two people. I don't see a request from you. regardless we provide an invite code for everyone to use and its on the registration page. June2014 is the code

Best
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Here again Paul, I suggest you start at the beginning of this thread and read it all. I clearly stated I did not want to get into this and now I guess, what I see in front of me in a video, is just my imagination.
    I did listen to the video. but I dont know what I am listening for. It is the opinion of 3 people that there are people taking advantage of others. I think that is true for all industry. People choose to pay people. If they get something out of it thats great. If not . well it was a waste.

wish you the best Dana hope you stick around and get to know guys like Mike. he along with the others here are good people.

Time to go watch some TV

Dana the video I was discussing was not the one you posted. I have learned a lot today......

Hey Dana,

I am hesitant to even respond but I hope to be able to explain maybe why some of the resistance you are getting. I have only been podcasting for just over 2 years now, I am the baby in this group and am learning every day. But I come from a live video and audio production background. To put it in terms that I am sure you’ll get more than most. I 2 or 3 times a week run a Yamaha CL5 at a fixed install with 90% of the channels in use at my church. Been doing that for 20 years and have gone through ML5000s, PM1D’s and more. We are called the “rock” church because of our musical style. I regularly use the QL and a M32 as well and have an M32 in my studio (small compared to your friend’s studio). I have quite a bit of audio and video experience, but very new to podcasting compared to others here.

I was interested in learning more about you so I started doing some research. Found the virginia podcast and the confederate podcast, found the 3 podcasting 101 audio podcast and the video podcasts on youtube.

That is where I started running into some issues. First, and I mean this as constructive as I can say it, your audio is not very good. Not broadcast quality for sure.

I also learned that you just started podcasting in April of this year and in a post you make this statement: “I have 0 experience producing a podcast. However, that will change daily!”. In that same post you also mention 2 websites (podcasterblog.com and podcastingforum.net) that now seem to be defunct.

In this same post you mention you can create your podcast with free software and a $20 Walmart headset. In your example, it sounds like it was created with a $20 headset and free software. Not broadcast quality for sure. It sounds like you are using the default engine in Audacity for output. BTW… The post I am referring to is: https://www.danatucker.com/podcast/

I also found another post at https://www.danatucker.com/podcast/?p=693 titled “Should I pay To Learn How To Podcast”. Reading this I get the answer that no you should not. You do say that your first thought is NO but go into it more, but reading it I still come back with no. You have every right to charge for a course, but this post and what you have been saying in the past few post on the forum contradict the argument. Makes it feel very wishy washy.

Also, how can someone who just started podcasting suddenly be a podcasting coach and teach classes? There is much more to podcasting than good audio. There is community building, engagement, content, etc. Just good audio will not make you succeed. From what I see you have no track record in successful podcasting. I even heard one of your dummy’d up intros, very cheesy.

I also looked at your Designs by Dana website where you talk about SEO. The Podcasting University site which is really podcastingschool.org has in the title tag Podcasting University which is a mismatch and an SEO no no. I also when searching for Podcasting University in google do not find you on the first page. On your own website there is a password protected page on the main menu. Not a great design there. How can you teach promotion, marketing, SEO, distribution, etc. if you do not do it on your own websites.

I am not trying to dig at you and why I was so hesitant to respond. What I think is fueling this negative thread is it feel like (even if it was not intentional) you are coming in throwing around you have all this money, experience, clout, etc. You might have the financial backing and that is good but looking at the evidence of work and history in this field have a long way to go (as do I) before you get to rock star status. Coming in with guns blazing, then people do what I did and it feels like you are just blowing smoke, kind of like some of the other coaches they were referring to in the video. Not saying that you are, but that could be the perception that is being received.

My only suggestion is be yourself, don’t try to be something your not, you will get a lot more respect from the community if you are humble and admit what you do not know.

One last note, I have known Nick for a while now, I will say he does tend to get angry easy and I think he would admit to that, but he is a very smart young man that has a bright future ahead of him. I bet you were still living at home at his age

Dana, again this was not an attack on but the only way I try to explain the perception that may be causing the negativity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast