International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why all the talk About Money and not building an Audience

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I did click on it.

Not only do I check this forum every day, I have it listed on my sites, as well as the intro on my podcasts. This forum was designed for Broadcasters. It is my opinion that it was only opened to Podcasters, as it was not being supported by the people, it was intended to serve. How do I know this? Simple, just go back and look at the dates, of the last posts. 2012, 2013, 2014. I sent Mike Philips an e-mail, months ago, informing him that I had asked to join this forum, with no reply.

His response, anyone can join for free. This is not what I meant. I went to the broadcaster side, and applied to join. No response. I asked you to contact me, I gave you an 800 number. Your reply, e-mail me. My reply, as far as I know, you e-mail address is nowhere on this forum. Do broadcasters have a grudge against podcasters? F-N a right, most of them do. Not all, just most.

I watched the video on Blab with members of this forum. Your audio sucks, as well as your video skipping, like it did when the TV was first invented. I watched as they bashed, people in the podcasting industry, that make a living teaching others how to do it. I watched as they referred to them as snake oil salesmen, only to go to their sites, and find out they were selling their services, as well as begging for money through their “Donations” links.

Broadcasters somehow think that because they were raised in an industry that had to spent 100’s of thousands of dollars to produce a quality sound, now somehow, think they can now come in, and teach a Podcaster, by their rules. To late! Just like Howard Stern, Podcasters are wasting their time.

It amazes me how Broadcasters, now run a Podcasting Site. Even on this forum. Maybe it has something to do with PBR losing so many listeners, that they have turned to the Podcasting community, to see how they can fix their rapidly declining listener base. Is there animosity, you better believe it!

This forum is now consumed with 99% of podcasters posting. You made a wise decision Andrew, when you opened this door, for podcasters to join. How do I know this statement is true? Just click on the “What’s New” button on this forum, then read the post.

So, to Mike Philips and his crew that has links on their sites, begging for money, mention that the next time you start demining people, for helping others, at a cost. I am sure Mike gives his services away for free, as an attorney, even though he spent tens of thousands of dollars for his education.

Your show on Blab talks about the mics, soundboards, processors that broadcasters use. Next Sunday Mike, I will call into your show. We will talk about the $380,000.00 rack system we use for recording, and as you do so well, I will make you look like a fool, in a non partisan way. I will have your crew Googling the systems that I will rattle off, just for the fact that the people you work for, more then likely, can’t afford to buy the top of the line equipment. That one piss ant you got, Jeff Adams, he is so full of crap, I can smell his breath through my speakers. Just so you know, $60,000 Lipskys.

So, to sum this up, if you want to go out in public and start belittling people for making a living, teaching others how to Podcast, please take the links down from your own site, where anyone can Google the information, and do it on their own as well!

Broadcaster verses Podcaster. Get real! Stick with what you know, as far as podcasting goes, all you can really do, is suggest what mic to use. It must really piss you off, knowing that you have spent a career, doing something, that now, anyone can do for $200.00, and get the same results you can, after spending tens of thousands.

This will be my last post. Not because I am pissed off, which I am. But because I have made several other post, with no reply’s. Maybe it has something to do with Broadcasters, only replying to Broadcasters. One more thing. Does anyone want to know what was told to NPR, on how to salvage their situation? Three words. START A PODCAST!

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    The people they bashed for making a "living", are the people that claim buying a podcast class through them will make you money. Anyone that claims they can help you make money podcasting is full of it. No class is gonna take a crappy podcaster from nothing to fame, that's not how it works.

BTW no one is begging for money. At least not on Mike or his "crews" site. We don't change for helping people......
    Last edited by RadarGaming; 11-10-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

Quote Originally Posted by RadarGaming View Post
    The people they bashed for making a "living", are the people that claim buying a podcast class through them will make you money. Anyone that claims they can help you make money podcasting is full of it. No class is gonna take a crappy podcaster from nothing to fame, that's not how it works.

BTW no one is begging for money. At least not on Mike or his "crews" site. We don't change for helping people......

Really! I guess you did not bother to watch the video they have out! Both on Blab as well as on Mikes Sunday Morning show. It is really hard to dispute something , when you can watch it for yourself. I see by your signature, you are hawking your own services as well. As a matter of fact, the two months I have been posting on this forum, I see this is the first post / response you have made. Maybe the troops are gathering.

As far as Mikes Sunday Morning show begging for money, you can find the link here my friend. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...d303a50933f9b2

Kind of hard to dispute it, when you can view it for yourself!
    Last edited by Dana; 11-10-2015 at 03:15 PM.

It's very clear you haven't watched "Mikes Sunday Show" very often. As I am on it every week. Speaking of promoting services. I see your Podcast School link in your signature. Does that mean you are begging for money? That's very hypocritical if you ask me.

It's very clear you haven't watched "Mikes Sunday Show" very often. As I am on it every week. Speaking of promoting services. I see your Podcast School link in your signature. Does that mean you are begging for money? That's very hypocritical if you ask me.
    With all do respect, if you read my post that started this, you will see where I stated that video, then I clicked it off, 20 mins in. I did recognize you, as the last show you did, you were called out by the Host because you did nothing but argue with him, on a subject you clearly had no knowledge of. Then you got so pissed off, you walked off the show. It is clearly in the video.

As far as my signature goes, like I said, I promote this forum on the front page of my website, unlike your website, as well as mention them in the into of all my podcast.

One more thing, I see by your profile page, the last post you made was back in August of this year, before that, it was in May. Here again, not my opinion, all one has to do, is click on your profile page to see what I am saying, is in fact, a fact. Wow, two post in 7 months! Thanks for joining in and supporting this forum!
    Last edited by Dana; 11-10-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Hey Dana, nice to meet you.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but I think you might be a little oversensitive at this point. The people are you talking about on here (mike, nick, amnon even andrew) I have known for quite some time now and these people will help you just for the asking. They do not give a price quote to help, they just help. I do not think having a donate button is anywhere close to being hypocritical because that is an optional thing just for the people that appreciate the help.

Without trying to sound defensive, we have all had bad experiences with podcast "coaches" that charge large amounts of money and convince people that unless you pay them for an entire weekend course and buy the equipment from them you will not succeed. Those are the snake oil salesman that they are talking about.

I do not think they are referring to the people that are truly trying to help people and charging for it. I have heard of some very dumb things that people were told to do by some of these coaches. Unfortunately I compare these folks to the same folks that were pushing internet marketing a few years back telling everyone they could get rich quick.

Dana, please know I am saying this to you because I know nothing about podcasting university, you may be different and good for you, I wish you luck on changing the general feeling of podcast coaches. I have seen some of the same things that mike apparently said so I understand where he is coming from and I am sure he was not pointing the finger directly at you, and I understand why that could be offensive to you as well. I am sure you can think of one or two "coaches" that fit the description above.

BTW... I do not think this forum was created just for broadcasters initially since it was created by Andrew and Spencer who are podcasters, Spencer used to be on XM and broadcasting. I think the intent was truly to include podcasters as well as broadcasters. Andrew can correct me if I am wrong. Most of the people I know on here are podcasters.

And yes, it has been a while since I posted, I mostly read because I do not have enough time these days for posting here or even on my own blog.

I hope you stick around, I am sure you can help people on here.
    Last edited by techzentv; 11-10-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    With all do respect, if you read my post that started this, you will see where I stated that video, then I clicked it off, 20 mins in. I did recognize you, as the last show you did, you were called out by the Host because you did nothing but argue with him, on a subject you clearly had no knowledge of. Then you got so pissed off, you walked off the show. It is clearly in the video.

As far as my signature goes, like I said, I promote this forum on the front page of my website, unlike your website, as well as mention them in the into of all my podcast.

One more thing, I see by your profile page, the last post you made was back in August of this year, before that, it was in May. Here again, not my opinion, all one has to do, is click on your profile page to see what I am saying, is in fact, a fact. Wow, two post in 7 months! Thanks for joining in and supporting this forum!
    First off what does my post status have to do with this conversation?

You seem to be a big fan of facts so let me give you some. A donation is not begging for money, fact, On "Mikes Sunday Show" we have never even mentioned that donation button its just on the side of the webpage.

The reason you are so pissed off about this is because they are calling you out for charging people $1200 for a "Podcasting Course", fact. You don't know Mike personally and are making a bunch of BS claims because they are calling you what you are. A scammer.

Speaking of having no knowledge you are teaching people to podcast when you clearly have no knowledge. So before you call people out. Stop being such a hypocrite.
    Last edited by RadarGaming; 11-10-2015 at 04:27 PM.

@ Mike Myers. Thank you for your reply. Believe it or not, I have very thick skin. We started our system, due to the fact of what you just posted. We also were fed up with all the mis-information concerning the Podcasting World. So we did something about it. We invested 10's of thousand of dollars, to take someone with no experience to being able to host a professional Podcast show, then present it on a professional website. I answer close to 300 e-mails per week, concerning this issue free of charge.

I try to be active on this forum, giving advice, free of charge. Look at any of my post, they are backed with links to help people find the answer to their questions, as well as a very up beat replies of encouragement. I have never solicited anyone to take our course, in this forum, and like I said, I promote this forum on my websites, front page, first billing, as well as in my intros. As far as the purpose of this forum, with all do respect, just look at the name.

Like I said, I asked to join on the Broadcasters side, I filled out the request form, no reply. I see the title you have over your member name states: Broadcaster. There is not one single thing I said in my post, just read it, I had no desire to even post it, but Andrew want to hear it, that I have not backed up by fact.

Now, all I can do is assume that Andrew put the word out, yet he has failed to respond. That kid that walked off his own show, that made a few posts above, really needs to do as he was advised by the Host of his show, and sit back, keep his mouth shut and his ears open. He may just learn something. Just like the host of his own show, told him, in a very polite way.

To go live on a video and badmouth someone for anything, just to have the same thing on your own site, is not a very good way to promote trust in any community. Nobody on this forum can tell me that I do not see, what I see, in this video. No where do they state they are protecting someone from anyone that may rip them off, taking money to teach them how to podcast. In fact, they go to the extreme to include everyone, in that same group. Here again, it is really hard to "Mis-understand" something, that you can rewind and play over and over again.

Speaking of having no knowledge you are teaching people to podcast when you clearly have no knowledge. So before you call people out. Stop being such a hypocritical.
    @Mike Myers. See, this guy just made my point about being lumped in with everyone else. Now on to you. They never called me a scammer. I never said that they attacked me on a personal level. Second, what does your posting history have to do with this? Quite a bit, as it seems the only time you post is when you can argure with someone. That's what got you kicked off your own show to begion with.

I will open my bank account to this forum, showing that we have our first two classes booked. 20 members per class at $1200.00 each. Man, that must really piss you off. Only stipulation is, you go first.

Just curioues, you still live in your parents basement, or do you really make a living designing websites?
    Last edited by Dana; 11-10-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Is that the best you got? I can see why you got kicked off your own show. Go home little boy!
    The fact that this the only thing you are going to refer to in my post just proves its true. Enjoy your little podcast school.

Can we get a link to this podcast you have?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast