International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small, Portable, Mix minus - a puzzle with missing pieces

Appreciate the words of encouragement. Already, 24 hours in, I've ordered my second bit of equipment. It's the small Fethead preamp. I'm finding, as many on the forum have discussed, that with just mic and computer I need to crank the recording levels up too far to get clean sound.

I was pre-disposed towards the DBX 286s but size and weight issues led me to the Fethead. It'll take a while to get here I suppose - I ordered it from Holland. Of the two Australian suppliers, one's account was frozen by Paypal and the other charged almost exactly double the cost of my ordering it directly. It's an ongoing problem here once you leave mass market items.

So I'll keep practising with dirty sound until the Fethead arrives. It'll give me time to write scripts for the first few podcasts. I think I'll leave winging it till I know what I'm doing. Plus it will give me a transcript that I can post for those who prefer to read (that's often me).

Quote Originally Posted by Nateol View Post
    So I'll keep practising with dirty sound until the Fethead arrives. It'll give me time to write scripts for the first few podcasts. I think I'll leave winging it till I know what I'm doing. Plus it will give me a transcript that I can post for those who prefer to read (that's often me).
    Well done! As with anything in life, you will learn as you go.
    Last edited by Dana; 11-15-2015 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yakk0dotorg View Post
    I have also recently bought an iRig Pre that lets me plug my AT2005 into my phone. It's a nice little tool to have, but I haven't had a chance to use it all that much.
    I have heard nothing but great things about this product!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I have heard nothing but great things about this product! In fact, I have decided to buy the same unit instead of going with an external mic that plugs into the bottom of my iPhone. It is way more versatile and will allow me to swap out different mics for different recording situations. Please keep me informed on how you like it and any incite you can give on tips and tricks!
    I've got a personal podcast I've been doing to play around with things and have done a couple episodes with the Pre and the Bossjock app on my iPad and it worked really well. I use an AT2005 and the thing works great with it. The local monitoring through the headphone jack on the Pre is excellent. Now it's just a matter of finding the right problem that I can use my new tool on.

Quote Originally Posted by yakk0dotorg View Post
    I've got a personal podcast I've been doing to play around with things and have done a couple episodes with the Pre and the Bossjock app on my iPad and it worked really well.
    Hey Brother, shoot me a link to some of the audio you have done.

Hey Brother, shoot me a link to some of the audio you have done. I promise you two things. 1. I don't criticize. It is not my nature. I grew up by the fist and have no desire to belittle anyone, regardless of their experiance. My goal in life is to show encouragement. 2. I am always eager to learn and I could care less of anyone's experience. If I like it, then I like it and that seals the deal!
    Thanks! I just realized I didn't have a signature set up. I've just created one with the links to my shows.
    TransMissions - Everything Transformers! (NSFW for language) | iTunes
    TransMissions is a podcast where we discuss everything related to the Transformers franchise!

Yakko Yaks! (clean) | iTunes
    Yakko Yaks! is a podcast where I’ll talk about TV shows and movies, tech, and comics. This is a basic podcast that I'm using to improve my speaking skills, experiment with various things, and to try to do a show that’s as close as live to disk as possible.

Thanks Brother.
    Last edited by Dana; 11-15-2015 at 04:18 AM.

OK Brother. I am going to give a two part review of the links you provided.
    Last edited by Dana; 11-15-2015 at 04:18 AM.

OK Brother. I am going to give a two part review of the links you provided. Please read the entire review, before you comment.

1. I have no interest in what your show is about. I would never subscribe to your show or your iTune channel. I just have no interest in your content, as this is just not my bag, scene, thing, or hobby.

2. Your audio IS SOME OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD! Your show, the way you have it laid out, is GREAT!! I often look for Instructors that can convey the passion, that you have in your show, in your podcast, that deals with the millions that are interested in what you have to say.
    Thanks for the kind words! We've tried to make sure the audio quality was high on our show. We record using double enders and have used things like Levelator from the beginning. I don't like listening to shows with bad audio, so I wanted to make sure our shows sound good.
    TransMissions - Everything Transformers! (NSFW for language) | iTunes
    TransMissions is a podcast where we discuss everything related to the Transformers franchise!

Yakko Yaks! (clean) | iTunes
    Yakko Yaks! is a podcast where I’ll talk about TV shows and movies, tech, and comics. This is a basic podcast that I'm using to improve my speaking skills, experiment with various things, and to try to do a show that’s as close as live to disk as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123