International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Small, Portable, Mix minus - a puzzle with missing pieces

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    On to doing a Mix Minus. As far as I know, there is no software that will allow you to do this. Like I said, as far as I know. The soundboard / mixer can do this, ONLY if it has Auxiliary Sends. This is where you would run the Skype caller into. It allows you to record their input, but also allows you to block, the sound of their own voice from feeding back to them. So when you decide to buy a mixer, make sure it has this feature or you will not be able to achieve a Mix Minus. Guitar Center has a new line they are representing that is partnered with Alesis. It is $69.00 and very portable and will allow you to do a Mix Minus.
    I don't use a mixer and get a mix minus with Audio Hijack and Soundflower on my Mac. Skype uses Soundflower (2Ch) for the input and I have Audio Hijack routing the audio from my mic and soundboard into that, while routing audio from Skype and my Mic into two tracks via the Soundflower (64Ch) interface. It's not perfect, but it works. The other people on the Skype call hear me and my soundboard, but not themselves, but I can record everything in individual tracks on my end.

@yakk0dotorg. Cool deal. Like I said, I have no idea about Mac.
    Last edited by Dana; 11-15-2015 at 04:20 AM.