International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: I could use some siggestions for video podcast hosting service

Hybrid View

I could use some siggestions for video podcast hosting service

I am writing this to get some suggestions from other video podcasters for some good choices for reasonable video hosting arrangements.

I have used youtube for several years.

Recently, I have made some inquiries and found youtube is also working as thought police.

It doesn't matter what search terms you use, or how SEO friendly, how much information in your description, etc.
    Youtube has to be tagging some channels for non-forwarding in some way. It isn't blatant, but very subtle.

Youtube has pushed very hard and unscrupulously to get you into Google plus. I was assigned G+ accounts when I didn't even know it. Now google has gone to one account bit so they can follow and track you more efficiently.

This triggered with me recently when I didn't log in to review comments on a video. My comments were not there. When I logged in there they were. I had 2-1/2 years of postings on videos and there were hundreds showing with the respective videos in my Google+ account. Yet, after all those postings 4 subscribers and few viewers... You could say the comments were blah, etc. Even if that was the case, after hundreds of comments there should be some comments.

So, I double checked and logged into my account and went to video channels where I had previously posted. Those postings were right there in listings with no comments or responses to what I wrote. Then I logged out, and didn't log back in. I went to those sites and those comments were not there when I didn't login. I ran through every comment to make sure. My comments were somehow being restricted to viewers. I have never been suspended or had a complaint for anything I have ever done on youtube. This was somewhat of a surprise. Thinking I was in good standing...I wasted alot of time trying to make sensible comments about the topic of the videos. 2-1/2 years of comments and I finally realize --- I have been Googled.

Now let me see....1984 thought police must be at work.

I realize, I must have control of my content and definitely get away from anything Google as possible.
    Last edited by domineaux; 05-18-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Last night I created a new youtube account without using any information that should could tie me to my original youtube account.

I logged in as a new person and made a simple and not controversial comment on a video.

Immediately, the video was posted in the comments and readable by all. This morning the comment was gone.
    So, I suggest Google is using IP addresses in their ghosting actions.

Google demands one account, but they know there are non-compliant persons. I suspect, Google uses ip address and user logins, but they don't really care too much either way. They want you to have one account,but they are basically winking at users who have more than one account...because they have the ability with IP address to do as they will with your account/s.

I guess you could do a workaround by making comments and posts from various wi-fi accounts that use different IP addresses. examples Starbucks, McDonalds, Hotels, etc. IP providers in the past used DHCP to assign IP addresses each time you logged in via your router. Now IP providers assign an IP address to your individual account, which is the same for about six or more months. You can acquire another router from your ip provider, but the IP address is assigned from the account and it remains the same until the IP provider changes it.

What we have now (in the USA) is almost a static IP without having one. So, maybe you could call it a semi-static IP address. So, if you think you are untrackable forget that. The only way to be untrackable is to somehow alter your IP address each time you access the internet, and not be identified with any one provider.

I don't really worry about the IP address for my own case and work I do, but in this instance with youtube accounts appears to be an issue for concern.

Like many others I have enjoyed the convenience of Google applications and tools. I am now concerned about all things Google. I think it might be beneficial to completely distance myself from Google and their abuses of privacy and rights.

I found Google Chrome to be a masterful information harvester so I completely deleted it. I got rid of my android phone over a year ago because every app seemed to harvest information or push to me. I couldn't use map services unless I engaged GPS. I could not say where I was and just get a map for my area of interest. I realize now this is a revenue generator for them, because with satellite location tracking they could provide traffic information, poiints of interest, etc. I still use GPS, but I have a standalone TomTom. Yes, TomTom is pushing stuff to me as well based on information they harvest from the device, but it isn't going into the huge Google data warehouses --- AFAIK.

Anyway, darned if you do, darned if you don't. I sometimes feel like I am someone's slave or something. Naked and exposed might be a better explanation...
    The new Iphone OS has improved Health app, etc. No way I would engage to acquire or enter any health information in that thing. I did not upgrade to the new Iphone OS, so it will probably upgrade soon enough regardless of what I want.

Sorry to run on...the more I think about it the more I can share my disdain for the invasion of my privacy and security. LOL
    Last edited by domineaux; 05-19-2015 at 08:15 AM.

FYI - I realize some readers might have thought to themselves... use a proxy.

I thought of that, but the problem as I see it is - a proxy server will change the ip addresses frequently. I would log onto youtube, depart, then go back into youtube later and a new IP address would be provided by the Proxy server.

So, I imagine Google would know I was using a proxy in short while. I haven't read Youtube usage agreement, but I imagine the use of a proxy is probably prohibited.
    Last edited by domineaux; 05-19-2015 at 06:52 PM.