"This week's episode is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, where Persis and Raven find themselves as agents trying to escape S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters during an attack from some nasty Asgardians, along with Matt and Pete, hosts of the Phantastic Geek podcast, who are also agents secretly working for a sub-section of S.H.I.E.L.D, also known as G.E.E.K. Listen as we talk Agent Carter, Avengers: Age of Ultron and more."

Agents-of-G.E.E.K-Promo.jpg

The Tomboy Tarts, Raven and Persis once again, find themselves in a precarious adventure, this time with Matt and Pete, hosts of the Phantastic Geek podcast, as S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters are compromised by Hydra to allow for some nasty Asgardians, loyal to Loki to attack. Along the way, Raven and Persis find out that Matt and Pete are also secret agents working for a sub-section of S.H.I.E.L.D, also known as G.E.E.K. and they lead the Tomboy Tarts to a secret underground exit to find a way to escape. As they trudge through dark corridors and tunnels to find an escape, here's what went down this week:

1. GUEST BIO

We find out more about how Matt and Pete came together as hosts of The Phantastic Geek podcast and recall their close encounters on the podcast with Ming Na-Wen and Clark Gregg, who play Agents Melinda May and Coulson from the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D TV series.

2. NEWS HIGHLIGHTS

- The success of the female Thor series. Apparently, first four Thor female-edition comic books have sold more than any male Thor comic books in 2012, proving that girlpower is more profitable.

- there's also a secret Marvel movie about a lesser-known character called Crash Ryan that's in the works right now and we'll wait to see if this relatively unknown Marvel character's film will be able to hold steady at the box-office.

- For Incredible Hulk fans who want to see a stand-alone Hulk film, the news is that it could or couldn't happen, only because the comic book character hasn't exactly had the best box-office run in ages and also because Marvel Studios and Universal still have to trudge through gazillion contracts in order to settle rights issues. How long that would take is anyone's guess. Meanwhile, expect to still see Bill Bixby hitchiking his way through episodic adventures on the 70s Incredible Hulk TV series now syndicating on the Syfy Channel.

3. AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D vs AGENT CARTER

ACAOS-720x360.jpg

Then, it's time to clear the air on the Agent Carter vs Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D argument. Who wore their spy better? Peggy Carter or Agent Coulson and his band of merry S.H.I.E.L.D vigilantes? Matt, Pete, Persis and Raven weigh in on the the intricacies of the two TV shows so far.

4. AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

age-of-ultron-10-things-that-will-make-you-cry-in-avengers-age-of-ultron-1024x491.jpg

As the Asgardians close in, the Agents of G.E.E.K along with Agents Raven and Persis must find their way to Agent Coulson's bus before it's too late. In these trying moments, they decide to talk about Marvel's latest blockbuster, The Avengers: Age of Ultron. (Not much spoilers really, so you can listen safely) Things then start looking really dismal but Agent Pete finally leads the group to the workshop where 'the Bus' is waiting to pick them up or leave them dangling off a rope? Listen to this exciting Marvel-themed episode to find out.

iTunes | PodOmatic |Stitcher | Libsyn

About Tomboy Tirade
Tomboy Tirade is a no-holds comedy chat podcast with a whole lot of geek and humour thrown into every episode. It is produced like a situational comedy television show where we and our guests and talk about anything and everything in between, in genres as diverse as comedy, technology, entertainment, travel, lifestyle, fashion and general news. Tomboy Tirade is recorded over an hour every alternate weekend and new episodes are uploaded every Thursday. We are Asia's first all-female comedy chat podcast and doing this out of love because we're just a bunch of people just wanting to make people laugh not just in Asia but globally.

Check our site out! Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook!