International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1080p video with Wirecast

1080p video with Wirecast

Anyone here doing 1080p video with Wirecast? We are looking to upgrade by the end of summer and wanted to hear from some of you who are doing 1080p. any issues with performance or crashing?

Andrew,

I am using 1080p streams in wirecast to youtube, twitch, livestream and ustream with no issues on my Paladin. 1080p does hog a lot of bandwidth though
    Last edited by Jcrosbie; 05-11-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcrosbie View Post
    Andrew,

I am using 1080p streams in wirecast to youtube, twitch, livestream and ustream with no issues on my Paladin. 1080p does hog a lot of bandwidth though
    Very cool! Do you have a weblink to some of your previous live streams?

Quote Originally Posted by MovieBuff View Post
    Very cool! Do you have a weblink to some of your previous live streams?
    Sure, Here is one that we have public right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL4yAaQEtjY

Sure, Here is one that we have public right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL4yAaQEtjY
    Looks great! Can you talk about your setup for this video? You had your Paladin setup under a tent? What cameras were you using? Were you using WiFi or were you tethered to an ethernet cable?

Quote Originally Posted by MovieBuff View Post
    Looks great! Can you talk about your setup for this video? You had your Paladin setup under a tent? What cameras were you using?
    Great question, Yes I can.... We are using a Sony NEX with a telephoto Lens and a Sony NXcam. For this event we were just at a table out in the open, (Thank goodness it did not rain that day!) with less than 24 hours notice...

There were times when both myself and my camera operator went out to the cameras leaving us with out a producer, we fixed this with the Paladin Link and Paladin Producer iPad app and I was able to change my shots no matter where I needed to be. So we are using both, WiFi for the iPad and Wired for the stream
    Last edited by Jcrosbie; 05-11-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Great question, Yes I can.... We are using a Sony NEX with a telephoto Lens and a Sony NXcam. For this event we were just at a table out in the open, (Thank goodness it did not rain that day!) with less than 24 hours notice...

There were times when both myself and my camera operator went out to the cameras leaving us with out a producer, we fixed this with the Paladin Link and Paladin Producer iPad app and I was able to change my shots no matter where I needed to be. So we are using both, WiFi for the iPad and Wired for the stream
    Sony NEX?! Very cool! Which models?
    I noticed a few companies like BoilerRoom and MixMag are using DSLR/Mirrorless cameras too.

Fancy you ask!

Here is another video we did with all the cameras we use, some of our events use different cameras every time..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wspA8hFw45c

Fancy you ask!

Here is another video we did with all the cameras we use, some of our events use different cameras every time..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wspA8hFw45c
    Thank you very much! It's a great camera (Sony A7ii) for multiple uses.

We are about to build out a new Production machine. the current one we have was built in 2011 and has done very well but we are starting to notice some issues. We can do 1080 video without the CPU maxing out . 720p is no issue but we do at times have some dropped frames.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast