International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Getting files into iphone 5 or ipad from PC without itunes or app

Getting files into iphone 5 or ipad from PC without itunes or app

The Itunes and apps are worldclass nuisance for me.

I am reworking my BossJock files, but I want to download the jingles and files via a cable into the iphone 5. I removed the itunes from my PC and tried some apps *waste of time.
    The darn things take over my PC (I am not on a Mac), which I won't go into.

All I want to do is a simple copy paste of a couple dozen files from my pC into Iphone.

The Dropbox doesn't look bad, but from what I understand the files are retained on the Dropbox and your phone has to harvest the database everytime to acquire the files as you need them. Dependent upon my location I can see problems going in with such an arrangement.

I would appreciate to read any suggestions. I've already spent over three hours google search and I realize Google has become a marketing search for just about everything. THere was a time....

Needless to say... I cannot find information on just a simple copy paste of music type files from my PC to my iphone without using itunes, or an apple app or other intrusive software like itunes.

Yes, I may have missed the proper search criteria I need to use. I've been known to do that on many occasions.
    Last edited by domineaux; 04-11-2015 at 02:52 PM.

BossJock has a recording feature, which I just had a mind block about. I can accomplish the same thing by just playing the file from my PC and recording it in the iphone or ipad as I could with a file transfer.

I purchased two items... Amazon has good prices for these cable items.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-li...&skuId=6651936

You may be able to buy the mini iphone plug to 3.5 audio as one cable. I wanted to use with my ipad and iphone so I bought the cable with 30pin male for my ipad, and the adapter slips over the ipad connector for use with my iphone 5.

The recording was simple -
    I selected a music on my computer, and plugged in the cable to an output 3.5 jack to receive system sound.

I used voicemeeter and plugged the cable into an outbound sound port to my iphone. I plugged my ear buds into the 3.5 mm jack of the iphone. This way I monitored the sounds as they came into iphone.

Running the music through the voicemeeter provided me some pre-fader configuration as well.

I recorded the music in BossJock and saved the recording. Then it was easy to configure BossJock for the selector blocks with recordings.

I did not have to use any itunes, wifi, dropbox, soundcloud, or other apps to do this.

If you want to know more about voicemeeter there are tutorials on youtube. Search on youtube for "Terry Leigh Britton", as he has done some excellent tutorials.

You don't have to use voicemeeter of course. I wanted the VM pre-fader support to improve my audio. The voicemeeter is an excellent control panel for volume controls and pre-fades. You can just use a 3.5 outport from your computer and change your volume as desired via the cable to your iphone or ipad device.

Don't become confused about this. I am talking about making recordings for placement in the selector boxes to use BossJock as soundboard....not creating a podcast. After I get all my music, jingles, etc. recorded into my iphone I can then start to make podcasts with BossJock.

If you are confused...buy a BossJock app for $10 and play with it. The light will shine on your understanding.
    Last edited by domineaux; 04-11-2015 at 02:54 PM.