International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Best mic for high pitch

Best mic for high pitch

Hello all,

My name is Billy C and I've been doing videos and podcasting on the internet in one form or another for a couple years now. I started with a headset mic and moved on to a Blue Yeti which greatly improved my sound quality and reduced background noise. I am looking now to do a bit of an upgrade though and I am looking for some recommendations for the best podcasting/streaming mic, particularly for someone with a higher pitched voice. I'm not sure how this forum handled links and what is allowed and what isn't, but I'd love to provide an example of my current audio quality in a video so you can hear the sound of my voice, which is naturally a bit higher pitched.

Anyway, as far as cost I'm fine with anything up to $400 as a suggestion, but it'd have to come with some really strong reasons for it if I was to spend that much.

Let me know if I can link a video here and I'll provide that.

Took a look at your YouTube channel and a quick listen to one of the items. I don't think that your voice is as high-pitched as you believe and, probably, has a quality that appeals to those who are likely your target group (young crowd, gamers).

However, if you are hell bent on changing the natural quality of your voice, you may not need a new mic. Alternatively, consider some gentle EQ, which you can do in post production, or on the fly. You'll probably spend less money going that direction too.

Good luck.
    Richard Wildman
    Executive Producer / Host
    Music Scene Investigation
    http://musicsceneinvestigation.com

Welcome to the site Billy

I also listened to some of your videos on youtube and dont think you have a "high Pitch" voice. With that said what microphone/mixer are you currently using?

Hi Billy
    I'd love to live listen to your voice, I might have a few tips for you but I can't seem to find the You Tube videos the others are referring to. Where might I find them?

you can really work your sound via proper processing also. It did wonders for Howard Stern