International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving from Audio only to Video?

They both have pros and cons. From personal experience I believe that Vidblaster is a better Camera Switcher. Wirecast on the otheris a much better encoder

IAIB Broadcaster
    Amnon, I'm just hoping we don't lose you to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSinclair View Post
    Amnon, I'm just hoping we don't lose you to the dark side.
    I don't know that I would call it the "Dark side" as long as people like you are part of it Tom :-)
    Like I said, I am a long way from being able to switch.

I might be the reason why people call it the "Dark Side"

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I might be the reason why people call it the "Dark Side"
    I don't know, you use both don't you?

Not yet. We are only using Vidblaster right now. We have done some tests with Wirecast to be an encoder machine for us but have not fully set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    They both have pros and cons. From personal experience I believe that Vidblaster is a better Camera Switcher. Wirecast on the otheris a much better encoder
    I'm curious why you feel VidBlaster is a better camera switcher. Perhaps we can start another thread or add it to Wirecast VidBlaster thread. As noted before, I feel Wirecast is a better compositor although obviously that's only part of switching aspect.

IAIB Broadcaster
    I experimented with both about a year ago and basically came to the following conclusion.

Vidblaster has a much easier learning curve, is much easier to use. Entry level with this is cheaper (~$195), but the limitations on modules per version could really hurt depending on what you want to do. You can use up those 7 modules in the Home version really easily with even a one person show. For example, to do a basic show with one person/shot, you use one module for the video, one for audio, one for any screen effects/lower thirds and one to record.

Wirecast has a much steeper learning curve, but seems a lot more powerful/feature rich. Higher cost of entry ($450), but you have the capability for virtually unlimited shots/setups. In comparison, Vidblaster pro costs $495, but still limits you to 15 modules.

If/when we decide to go video, I'm going to go with Wirecast just to avoid the whole problem with running out of 'modules'. In my mind I'd rather pay a little bit up front to get the more powerful and less limited program.

Of course, take everything I've said with a grain of salt, this was all back in early 2011, so there may have been upgrades/changes to one or both programs since then.
    Last edited by MeatballCB; 06-03-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12